Tutu Atwell

caliGopher

Reaction score
Enjoying watching his kid play for Louisville tonight.

Hearing his name brings back some fond memories of watching his dad play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying watching his kid play for Louisville tonight.

Hearing his name brings back some fond memories of watching his dad play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thelwell and Atwell. A flicker of light in dark times.

I don't recall. I assume we offered him but he chose Louisville.

Edit: According to 247 Sports, we did not. Surprising since we've been trying to go with legacy recruits. I like his speed.

His name stuck out to me right away and the first thing I thought was "I wonder if the Gophers offered him" so it is nice to see the answer here. Dynamic player. Would look good in a Gopher uniform.

Didn't have an impressive offer list it appears.

Believe he was a dual threat QB in high school.

Didn't have an impressive offer list it appears.

Believe he was a dual threat QB in high school.

We all know that ratings are based on offer lists, yet he was rated 728th in the country via 247 composite, and had only two Power 5 offers (Louisville and Illinois). Weird. The guy ranked right ahead of him at 727th had five Power 5 offers, and the guy right behind him at 729th also had five Power 5 offers. Heck, the guy ranked only 4 spots ahead of him, Christian Jones, had six Power 5 offers and committed to Texas. Our very own Terell Smith, ranked behind him at 744th, had 14 Power 5 offers from schools including Notre Dame, Florida, Michigan State, and Ole Miss. It's almost as if there is no correlation between ratings and the quantity and quality of offers - but that couldn't be it.

Last edited:

One thing I noticed -the media guide lists Tutu Jr as 5'9" - but the TV announcers said (unless I mis-heard) that he was about 5'5" tall. even if he's more like 5'7" you can understand why he didn't get a lot of P5 offers.

and I will not get into a rant about program heights and weights. (which IMHO are for amusement value only...)

We all know that ratings are based on offer lists, yet he was rated 728th in the country via 247 composite, and had only two Power 5 offers (Louisville and Illinois). Weird. The guy ranked right ahead of him at 727th had five Power 5 offers, and the guy right behind him at 729th also had five Power 5 offers. Heck, the guy ranked only 4 spots ahead of him, Christian Jones, had six Power 5 offers and committed to Texas. Our very own Terell Smith, ranked behind him at 744th, had 14 Power 5 offers from schools including Notre Dame, Florida, Michigan State, and Ole Miss. It's almost as if there is no correlation between ratings and the quantity and quality of offers - but that couldn't be it.

Yeh, I don't know.

Didn't seem like a lot of people were after him, but I'd love if some of these second generation players were good enough and willing to come to Minnesota. Some aren't good enough and some don't want to come here. So life moves on.

Top Bottom