Fresno Bee: MN has a massive offensive line. Does that mean big trouble for Bulldogs?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Fresno Bee:

The Fresno State Bulldogs get another Power Five opponent this week with Minnesota making a visit to Bulldog Stadium, and one thing stands out on that depth chart.

The Golden Gophers’ offensive line, from left tackle to right, goes 325, 325, 305, 345 and 400 pounds. Not a typo – sophomore Daniel Faalele is listed at 6-foot-9 and 400 pounds.

The expectation, then, no surprise.

“They’re going to lead with the run with that big offensive line,” coach Jeff Tedford said. “They’re a massive offensive line – everybody is over 300 pounds, they have a 400-pound tackle. They’re built for Big Ten football.

https://www.fresnobee.com/sports/co...state/bulldogs-football/article234643337.html

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully they'll use their skills this weekend and mow them down. If they play like last Saturday, we're in for a long night.

It's hard to mow them down when they're being run around because they have slow feet.

The game will be won or loss in the trenches. So they say. That goes both both OL & DL lines.

It's hard to mow them down when they're being run around because they have slow feet.

They "mowed down" Purdue, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech last season.

Then, in the offseason, they apparently caught the dreaded Slow Feet Disease. Forgot to get vaccinated, I guess.

The only thing that is slow is that stupid, slow developing, RPO.

I couldn't agree more! Getting the football out of the backfield as fast as possible is the first best option.

There are certain things that can always be counted on: gravity, taxes, and someone assuming an offensive line is slow if it is declared to be big. It never fails.

They "mowed down" Purdue, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech last season.

Then, in the offseason, they apparently caught the dreaded Slow Feet Disease. Forgot to get vaccinated, I guess.

Pffft, SDSU just has better defensive front than those guys

I couldn't agree more! Getting the football out of the backfield as fast as possible is the first best option.

I hate the RPO unless you have the right personnel for it, which Gophers do not. Just ram the ball down their throats. Stop being cute.

I hate the RPO unless you have the right personnel for it, which Gophers do not. Just ram the ball down their throats. Stop being cute.

RPO does not bother me

Inside zone run over and over and over bugs me though

I'm curious to hear what is the "right personnel" for the RPO.

They've run it using a basic look and limited playbook last year and last Thursday. I expect them implement much more starting Saturday.

Top Bottom