Golden Gophers Open @ -3.5 Vs. Fresno St.

spermophilus

Reaction score
Down to -3 now. All per Vegas Insider site, and for entertainment/discussion purposes only, and of course.

Game total is 48 for those Interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds about right - would like to improve to 1-1 ATS though. ������

I a bit surprised. That seems generous after last game.

I don't think we beat USC either.

Helton is an idiot and tried to give the game away. I think the Gophers would have figured out a way to win that game. Guess we'll see how they do next week though.

Fresno State's QB accidently ended the game by staring down a receiver in the end zone. He still looks pretty raw, but talented.

Their pass rush got home a few times but their run defense got pretty bad as the game wore on.

They had some good horizontal movement going which the Gophers struggled with last week so hopefully they get that buttoned up.

Last edited:

Some of the other B1G lines:

Nebraska -4 on the road at Colorado; it opened Nebraska -7.5

Ohio State -16.5, hosting Cincinnati

Syracuse -2.5 at Maryland

Iowa -20.5 hosting Rutgers

Purdue -8 hosting Vanderbilt; it opened Purdue -9.5

Illinois -20 at Connecticut

Interesting lines and some good games this weekend.

I a bit surprised. That seems generous after last game.

These guys had the O/U for the Oklahoma Houston game pretty close to 80 for most of the time.

Final score: OU 49, Houston 31.

So clearly, they know what they're doing.

And they say we're 3 point favorites. So, I'm going with it.

Fresno State's QB accidently ended the game by staring down a receiver in the end zone. He still looks pretty raw, but talented.

You're not wrong at all.

It's just amazing though, if USC's defender had been even a half step slower, it would've been a TD and set up the 2pt conversion play to tie the game. Crazy

Nebraska at Colorado is interesting.

When I turned the game off Friday night, it really looked to me that CO St was playing better and would win. CU got two late touchdowns to make the score look worse than it was.

Nebraska was not looking good, until that huge sack/fumbled/scoop n score pretty much sealed it.

Old rivalry, now defunct with being in different conferences. CU would've been a good Big Ten West school. Good research, Denver flights are plentiful and cheap, fun trip, fun town. But they wanted to be out west.

Didn’t they have the Gophers +6 going into the SDSU game? Usually pretty close to the final result.

These guys had the O/U for the Oklahoma Houston game pretty close to 80 for most of the time.

Final score: OU 49, Houston 31.

So clearly, they know what they're doing.

Always a good idea to draw sweeping conclusions from a single data point.

Surprising. I was expecting +3 or +4.

Always a good idea to draw sweeping conclusions from a single data point.

Good point, that was the only game in the history of college football that they've gotten close on.

Also LOL that you cut off the last line where I pointed out we're favored. You clearly want the Gophers to lose at Fresno, since that will give you endless opportunities to troll other posters for your entertainment. You're good at it

Good point, that was the only game in the history of college football that they've gotten close on.

Also LOL that you cut off the last line where I pointed out we're favored. <b>You clearly want the Gophers to lose at Fresno, </b>since that will give you endless opportunities to troll other posters for your entertainment. You're good at it

Yes, clearly. You smart.

Welp, sorry Spoof, Gophs are going to win in Fresno. Will be a hard fought, and close game. You'll have opportunities to troll folks about how we didn't play well enough.

Even though you were RememberMurray's vice president of marketing this summer for the "9+ now or never!"TM crew.

The Fresno fans sound just as confident of victory as they were last season.

The Fresno fans sound just as confident of victory as they were last season.

Cnt't say I blame them. Mn will need to play better, I think we all agree, and I'm confident they can. Season for me is how they do vs B1G.

Unlike some here I'm not hoping for PJ to fail

They lost a hard fought game on the road vs a team with NFL talent up and down the roster. We struggled to put away an FCS team at home. Some have convinced themselves SDSU is an FCS Power although I don’t see any championships listed and they seem to regularly get blown out vs NDSU (a team that has done well vs Power 5).

Count me among those that....might bet a lunch on that line. This will probably be a very close game or even an L if a whole lot of mental stuff isn’t corrected. Preseason S&P+ had us as 1 or 2 point favorites IIRC but probably closer to a pick now.

They lost a hard fought game on the road vs a team with NFL talent up and down the roster. We struggled to put away an FCS team at home. Some have convinced themselves SDSU is an FCS Power although I don’t see any championships listed and they seem to regularly get blown out vs NDSU (a team that has done well vs Power 5).

Count me among those that....might bet a lunch on that line. This will probably be a very close game or even an L if a whole lot of mental stuff isn’t corrected. Preseason S&P+ had us as 1 or 2 point favorites IIRC but probably closer to a pick now.

SC is way more talented than SDSU obviously. But SC has stunk lately. SDSU is indeed a power. Are there 5 better programs in FCS?
I agree that I would list our game as a pick em. But it’s really not that alarming for an FBS team to struggle in game 1 vs a good FCS team. A terrible MN team took USC to the wire in the Coliseum.

There's a lot to respond to here...

RE: Fresno State
Yes, USC is very talented, but they are very, very poorly coached.
If you watched them versus Fresno State, then you would probably understand that the Gophers would likely be favored against USC.
Fresno State didn't look terribly strong in that game, and their QB made some boneheaded decisions.

RE: SDSU

SDSU is a top five team in the FCS. They regularly win 10 games per season.
In 2016 they managed to put up 41 points against TCU.
In 2015 they beat Kansas.
In 2014 they lost to Mizzou 18-38.
In 2014 the Gophers lost to Mizzou 17-33.

This team has hung in with, and beat, FBS opponents before
These games are their Superbowls.

Was the Gopher's performance disappointing? Yes.
Does it drastically alter my perception of the Gopher's potential this year? No.

SC is way more talented than SDSU obviously. But SC has stunk lately. SDSU is indeed a power. Are there 5 better programs in FCS?
I agree that I would list our game as a pick em. But it’s really not that alarming for an FBS team to struggle in game 1 vs a good FCS team. A terrible MN team took USC to the wire in the Coliseum.

I’d say USC has definitely underperformed expectations given their recruiting but helmet schools can never be considered an easy out even when they’re down. They’ll be back soon enough once the coaching sorts itself out.

SDSU was probably at their peak last season with a really good senior QB. I guess if they run the table in the playoff, defeat NDSU then we can feel a little better about the near miss. A little.

Top Bottom