Fleck's running speed

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
I watched the run out of the tunnel the other night and I noticed Fleck didn't have the same speed he did two years ago in the opener vs Buffalo.

In the opener vs Buffalo, PJ shot out of the tunnel with extreme speed and gained several lengths on his front players, crossed the 50 and ran all the way to the 40 before stopping. He then had adequate time to slap low-fives with several players as they caught up to him as he headed to the sideline.

Evidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3kuqyXOYhM

I noticed against SDSU, he didn't have the early burst to create the separation of his front guys, and it appeared he stopped at midfield and went to the sideline without any low-fives because he didn't gain the same lead.

I didn't see his speed at the end of any quarters. Wasn't shown on TV. Is PJ losing his speed in just his third year at Minnesota?

Didn't notice that early sprint, but when the change to the 4th quarter was approaching, I watched the sideline.
Neither PJ nor the team really put any great effort into the run (I wouldn't call it a sprint)
It also looked more forced as the ball spot was near midfield so in order to get any run in PJ had to walk the other direction
for a bit then turned and ran back to the same area he was just in and the team just kind of turned and jogged to meet him at the spot.
He didn't look to be moving all the quickly either

Didn't notice that early sprint, but when the change to the 4th quarter was approaching, I watched the sideline.
Neither PJ nor the team really put any great effort into the run (I wouldn't call it a sprint)
It also looked more forced as the ball spot was near midfield so in order to get any run in PJ had to walk the other direction
for a bit then turned and ran back to the same area he was just in and the team just kind of turned and jogged to meet him at the spot.
He didn't look to be moving all the quickly either

Thanks.
They didn't show that on TV.

Tanner did a good job waiting at the end of the third until the clock struck zero (no headstart and kept the huddle together) than sprinted to the other side. To make it look good, he turned as he got to that mark and slowed to a jogging pace heading towards the sideline. It was well choreographed. (Or choreogophed).

Fresno St is going to be tougher on the road, so I hope Fleck is back up to normal speed by then.

What would be really cool and intimidating to the other team would be for Morgan to launch a 40+ yard strike from the tunnel to PJ as he streaks toward midfield. The dubs would give PJ a 5 yard head start and attempt to run him down before he reaches payddirt.

What would be really cool and intimidating to the other team would be for Morgan to launch a 40+ yard strike from the tunnel to PJ as he streaks toward midfield. The dubs would give PJ a 5 yard head start and attempt to run him down before he reaches payddirt.

Yes! I hope you email Fleck and CC Coyle.

Can't believe nobody in the local media thought to ask about this in the post game.....total oversight on their part :)

maybe we can start another poll if Gopherholer's think they can run faster then PJ Fleck?

I watched the run out of the tunnel the other night and I noticed Fleck didn't have the same speed he did two years ago in the opener vs Buffalo.

In the opener vs Buffalo, PJ shot out of the tunnel with extreme speed and gained several lengths on his front players, crossed the 50 and ran all the way to the 40 before stopping. He then had adequate time to slap low-fives with several players as they caught up to him as he headed to the sideline.

Evidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3kuqyXOYhM

I noticed against SDSU, he didn't have the early burst to create the separation of his front guys, and it appeared he stopped at midfield and went to the sideline without any low-fives because he didn't gain the same lead.

I didn't see his speed at the end of any quarters. Wasn't shown on TV. Is PJ losing his speed in just his third year at Minnesota?

Being a "Fleckster" I prefer to look at it simply as the team has gotten so much faster and now they can keep up with PJ. Unless someone can give me a legit 40 time--electronic and not handheld--I totally refuse to believe PJ has slowed down.

Anyone else here middle aged or older, and remember that first time you realized you could no longer run or jump like you used to? It’s humbling, but there are other ways to be elite!

Anyone else here middle aged or older, and remember that first time you realized you could no longer run or jump like you used to? It’s humbling, but there are other ways to be elite!

My grand kids wear me out big time (8 and 4), doesn't matter which. Yes it does creep in your head that you can't run or jump like I use to.

It also catches up to you when you are sore the next day after doing something the day before that shouldn't have made you sore after or at least wouldn't have in your younger years.

Too many cans of coke during the press conferences? Maybe liking Jucy Lucys, too.

i chased a 20-year-old tweaker the other day. no more than 50 yards and my legs were shot for two days after. and i'm in good shape for a 40-year-old. i lept a 3 foot fence and took a dive like danny in hot fuzz

Top Bottom