Who has a better team this year, Miami OH or South Dakota State?

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
Help me settle an argument. Curious about your opinions.

A mid-MAC team vs a top FCS team?
I’d say too close to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder what happens at halftime, Miami Ohio seems to be keeping it close so far...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Urban Meyer at half saying outside of Wisconsin, it's been a bunch of disappointments in the West. Cited Purdue and Northwestern's losses plus us, Nebraska and Iowa all looking underwhelming.

I'd take the rabbits on a neutral field. Good game, but I bet the rabbits would be 500ish in the MAC

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I won't argue it. For stuff like this I tend to look at the end of season Sagarin rankings.
End of season, that seems to give the least biased view of things when all teams are FBS or FCS. When NDSU shows up at Top 20 however, I start to doubt that there are only 19 teams better than them.

Don't know. Don't care all that much.

I'm more interested in who has a better team this year, Minnesota or Iowa?

I always get a kick out of the guys that take the time to open threads, read through them, pull up their keyboard, compose a participating entry, so they can say that they “don’t care”

There are usually some great examples of this in any thread about uniforms/jerseys.

Well, I got news for ya RememberingMurray: I’m more interested in how our troops are doing overseas than any silly college football comparison between MN and IA you un-American narcissist.

:)

I always get a kick out of the guys that take the time to open threads, read through them, pull up their keyboard, compose a participating entry, so they can say that they “don’t care”

There are usually some great examples of this in any thread about uniforms/jerseys.

Well, I got news for ya RememberingMurray: I’m more interested in how our troops are doing overseas than any silly college football comparison between MN and IA you un-American narcissist.

:)

Thanks, Schnauzer. You made my day!:)

You may not believe this, but you're the second person today who has called me an "un-American narcissist" (my wife and I had a small disagreement, you see).

Thanks, Schnauzer. You made my day!:)

You may not believe this, but you're the second person today who has called me an "un-American narcissist" (my wife and I had a small disagreement, you see).

Well, hopefully she used a smiley face too.

A mid-MAC team vs a top FCS team?
I’d say too close to call.

Teams like Fleck’s WMU team would handle the best MVFC team, whether that ends up being NDSU, SDSU, or UNI this season.

But unless it’s an extraordinary MAC team, my money is on the MVFC team.

Since there aren’t enough data points to connect all the statistical dots between FCS and FBS teams and they never play at season end the Sagarin FCS rankings are pretty worthless and a guess at best. I suspect they are an opinion statement by Mr. Sagarin who perhaps has a personal bias... Nobody else includes them for obvious reasons.

NDSU has a pretty impressive record vs FBS. SDSU not so much. That said, well coached G5 teams and certain programs do occasionally compete well vs Power 5 particularly middling P5 but that is the exception and I’d expect the same for FCS vs G5 but even more pronounced due to the scholarship discrepancy.

Help me settle an argument. Curious about your opinions.

Good question. I don't have a definitive answer. I'd like to see them play each other. Based on what I saw of Miami Ohio, they would have the better passing attack. Based on what I saw of SDSU, they have the better running game and they do have good overall team quickness. I'd give the edge to Miami Ohio but I don't know by how much.

I will say that IF the first game is a reliable indicator of the future, Iowa is a better team than us.

Last edited:

Top Bottom