Down goes Purdue!

Purdon’t

How do you f that up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you call 2 TO’s consecutively in college to ice the kicker? If so Brohm really crapped it. Probably shouldn’t of called the first one. If you do, you have to call the 2nd one if allowed.

What a collapse???? That was unbelievable!!! Unbelievably awful!!!

I always root for Big Ten teams but found myself pulling for Nevada. Partly because it makes me feel better about only beating SDSU by 7, partially because I want Purdue demoralized with a half empty stadium when we go to West Laffeyette in year 3 of Brohm. I also didn't like that the media picked them ahead of us.

I think we definitely will, but we have to play better to win on the road next week or Purdue fans will be pointing at our stumbles.
Only worried about Purdue when we play them.

Jeff Brohm is 0-3 in his openers at Purdue.

PJ Fleck is 3-0 at Minnesota in openers.

So GH is going to develop an unhealthy fascination with Purdue because they chose Brohm over PJ and some posters would have done the same? I hate Iowa and Wisconsin. Neutral on many B1G teams. I kind of like IL and Purdue.

So GH is going to develop an unhealthy fascination with Purdue because they chose Brohm over PJ and some posters would have done the same? I hate Iowa and Wisconsin. Neutral on many B1G teams. I kind of like IL and Purdue.

It appears it's only okay to be fascinated with Brohm when he's doing better than Fleck.

There is some evidence that Fleck was Purdue's first choice.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I think following the trajectory of both coaches by fans (closely by some) was inevitable, as both programs hired new coaches at the same time. I don't think it would have mattered which coach each team picked. Personally I don't care to constantly compare the two but I can see why it interests some.

The only big ten team other than the Gophers that I sort of root for is Michigan, but that's because a close friend of mine went there so ever since we've graduated high school we've talked football about Michigan and the Gophers.

Indifferent about most Big Ten teams. The only Big Ten team I truly hate is Wisconsin, and that's mostly because of their fans, not the team itself.

Why do you care if other people want to compare?

Too early to completely write them off. They did lose to Eastern Michigan early last season and then dominated #2 Ohio State later. Brohm still needs to dial them in and maybe get more consistency.

Why do you care if other people want to compare?

Yeah, that question puts me in a bit of a box. I think this site should be to compare and debate anything people want to. PJ vs Brohm would be more than fair. You win.

Can you call 2 TO’s consecutively in college to ice the kicker? If so Brohm really crapped it. Probably shouldn’t of called the first one. If you do, you have to call the 2nd one if allowed.

What a collapse???? That was unbelievable!!! Unbelievably awful!!!

I see the Nevada kicker received a scholarship after the game winning kick.

Brohm, Fleck, and Frost are going to be compared by a lot of fans as long as they're all in the same division. Young, up-and-coming coaches that were hired around the same time. If you think this is an unhealthy fascination with Purdue, you should see Nebraska fans' complete obsession with Fleck. It's pretty comical to be honest.

Brohm essentially gave the kid a practice kick, plus the team was rushing out there to kick it so it gave him time to gather himself. Calling the first timeout seemed somewhat desperate and then not calling a 2nd TO seemed stupid. Like he didn’t have a feel for what was going on.

That whole 4th qtr was such an epic collapse. Purdue looked so good the 1st half. They were doing it with ease.
No HOW!

I only liked this result because having a division opponent lose is good for MN. Won't draw any other conclusions about the rest of their season.

NW went 0-3 and won the division last season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I only liked this result because having a division opponent lose is good for MN. Won't draw any other conclusions about the rest of their season.

NW went 0-3 and won the division last season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

It’s actually not good for MN, because it weakens our SOS.

The fascination was developed 2 years ago, you’re just a tad late.

Did Purdue chose Brohm over Fleck, or did Fleck chose not to chose Purdue???

We understand it hurts you when Purdue loses like that since your preference would have been Brohm at MN.

FYI, that loss was an absolutely epic collapse. It was both sad and extremely ugly. Like watching a super slow motion car wreck.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

We understand it hurts you when Purdue loses like that since your preference would have been Brohm at MN.

I do like Purdue. I would have preferred Brohm. You aren’t really breaking any news here.

Brohm, Fleck, and Frost are going to be compared by a lot of fans as long as they're all in the same division. Young, up-and-coming coaches that were hired around the same time.

Yes. As it should be. You are right.
I have withdrawn my objection and admitted my post was wrong.

Precisely why the Gophers should never apologize for winning ugly. SDSU gave us their best game, and the late fumble was the difference.

I would rather win ugly and build off being 1-0 than look decent, blow a 17-point fourth quarter lead and start 0-1. I think the Gophers got a bit of a wake-up call Thursday night. I ran into DeLattiboudere and his family as they were leaving the stadium. They seemed to be nothing short or relieved. I think the Gophers put a lot of pressure on themselves to win Thursday night, knowing what the potential is if they can get better every week.

No doubt, a ton has to get better before Fresno. But I would much rather move forward after a win.

5 turnovers including 2 interceptions. The last INT was awful and gave Nevada position near midfield. Their QB Sindelar is a bit of an ass IMO. Gunslinger type. Jawed after a TD garnered a personal foul - who does that? On the last drive with 9 seconds left gave up a long completion to set up the FG attempt and he drilled it down the middle.

Top Bottom