Down goes Purdue!

Take away the OSU win (which looks pretty flukey right now, tbh), and Purdue under Brohm is doing a pretty good job of impersonating the Gophers under Brewster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take away the OSU win (which looks pretty flukey right now, tbh), and Purdue under Brohm is doing a pretty good job of impersonating the Gophers under Brewster.

They have a longer list of impressive or P5 wins including twice vs Iowa. I wouldn’t write Purdue off just yet. They were sloppy with the ball and it was one of those games. Can’t count on that every week.

Why stop with OSU? If we take away all their wins they have been bad. Really bad.

They have a longer list of impressive or P5 wins including twice vs Iowa. I wouldn’t write Purdue off just yet. They were sloppy with the ball and it was one of those games. Can’t count on that every week.

Yeah, my hyperbole was intentional, but they’ve been very inconsistent. Their season was even more of a roller coaster than ours, and they didn’t exactly end the season on a good note. If they didn’t have Moore, I’d have a hard time imagining more than 3-4 wins.

Like I said ad nauseum before the season I have no idea what to expect this year. We didn’t exactly have a great week 1 either but the bounces went our way. The bounces didn’t go Purdue’s way. I don’t feel any more or less confident about our game vs Purdue because of what happened last night. Two inconsistent teams. Likewise, I haven’t written off the Gophers and have hope they can recover in time for Big Ten play.

Brohm essentially gave the kid a practice kick, plus the team was rushing out there to kick it so it gave him time to gather himself. Calling the first timeout seemed somewhat desperate and then not calling a 2nd TO seemed stupid. Like he didn’t have a feel for what was going on.

That whole 4th qtr was such an epic collapse. Purdue looked so good the 1st half. They were doing it with ease.
No HOW!
Agree that Purdue blew it in many ways. They lost their focus way too early and didn’t deserve to win b/c of the lack of discipline.

But they got screwed on the possible interception in the endzone. The Purdue DB ripped the ball away from the Nevada receiver and had one foot dragging the ground as evidenced by the turf pellets. The play reviewer choked and Nevada scored shortly after that call, or the game would’ve been over.

Regarding the FB time out, he shouldn’t have called one at all. If it’s a short FG attempt, I can see trying to make the kicker choke. But on a 56 yard FG, you don’t give him a practice try and it’s not really a choke to miss a 56 yarder.

So GH is going to develop an unhealthy fascination with Purdue because they chose Brohm over PJ and some posters would have done the same? I hate Iowa and Wisconsin. Neutral on many B1G teams. I kind of like IL and Purdue.

I was rooting for Nevada but Brohm vs Fleck has nothing to do with it.

1. Purdue losing makes me feel better about only beating SDSU by 7

2. I want Purdue to be demoralized when we play them and a half empty Ross-Ade Stadium would help us a lot. They play Vanderbilt and then TCU the next two weeks so there is a good chance they are 1-2, maybe even 0-3 when we play them.

3. The media picked Purdue ahead of us which I didn't like at all and was the one I really didn't get.

Will this have any affect on Dan Barreiro's man-crush with Jeff Brohm?

I like Rondale Moore as a player, but him trying to pick up the bouncing ball on that punt was one of the worst errors in judgement I've ever seen on a football field. Disastrous.

I like Rondale Moore as a player, but him trying to pick up the bouncing ball on that punt was one of the worst errors in judgement I've ever seen on a football field. Disastrous.

Yeah, I didn't see much of a benefit to him trying that. I don't believe the ball was rolling back that much and it didn't look like he would be able to gain very much if he picks that up cleanly. Very risky play for maybe 5 extra yards.

Hoping after this year, we are 2-1 head to head. After last night, I assume so.

Don't assume anything. I'm sure most Purdue and Wisconsin fans assumed they would beat us last season. Most of our fans assumed we would beat Illinois.

That Karlaftis kid even as a true freshman might give our linemen fits. SS is going to need to improve real quickly.

I always root for Big Ten teams but found myself pulling for Nevada. Partly because it makes me feel better about only beating SDSU by 7, partially because I want Purdue demoralized with a half empty stadium when we go to West Laffeyette in year 3 of Brohm. I also didn't like that the media picked them ahead of us.

SDSU is better than Nevada. They have a nicer stadium too. Nevada's stadium has a track around it and has (yellow) lines for soccer. That's FBS??

Like I said ad nauseum before the season I have no idea what to expect this year. We didn’t exactly have a great week 1 either but the bounces went our way. The bounces didn’t go Purdue’s way. I don’t feel any more or less confident about our game vs Purdue because of what happened last night. Two inconsistent teams. Likewise, I haven’t written off the Gophers and have hope they can recover in time for Big Ten play.

Yeah, hope they can recover from a *WIN* over a tough, Big Ten level opponent.

Sheesh

Sheesh

I assume you’re kidding or doing the eyes shut fingers in ears thing. I’m hopeful that the guys will improve as the season goes on as we saw last year but wouldn’t you like to see it sooner than week 7-8?

I assume you’re kidding or doing the eyes shut fingers in ears thing. I’m hopeful that the guys will improve as the season goes on as we saw last year but wouldn’t you like to see it sooner than week 7-8?

There are absolutely improvements that need to be made. 100%

A team typically makes their biggest improvement from week 1 to 2. Give it another week. Let's see another data point, before you condemn them.

'Hole is hyper-reactionary. This is known. Preseason people beating their chests like gorillas, "9+ 9+ 9+ time is now!!", then *ONE* week in, "aw damnit, we suck! lucky to get 5 wins!".

There are absolutely improvements that need to be made. 100%

A team typically makes their biggest improvement from week 1 to 2. Give it another week. Let's see another data point, before you condemn them.

'Hole is hyper-reactionary. This is known. Preseason people beating their chests like gorillas, "9+ 9+ 9+ time is now!!", then *ONE* week in, "aw damnit, we suck! lucky to get 5 wins!".

BS. The team needs a wake up.

Sheesh

Please stop with your narrative regarding SDSU being a BIG10 level opponent. It really makes you look unintelligent.

Preseason people beating their chests like gorillas, "9+ 9+ 9+ time is now!!", then *ONE* week in, "aw damnit, we suck! lucky to get 5 wins!".

This would be a better point if even one poster had said we suck and would be lucky to get 5 wins. Even one would help your argument.

I was rooting for Nevada but Brohm vs Fleck has nothing to do with it.

1. Purdue losing makes me feel better about only beating SDSU by 7

Other than the fact that we are 1-0 and they are 0-1, that doesn't make me feel any better. Both teams had shaky debuts. In terms of the way people think about things, Purdue may have more rationalizations in that 1) they were playing an FBS team and 2) they were playing at an opponent's field that was 3 time zones away from their home base.

2. I want Purdue to be demoralized when we play them and a half empty Ross-Ade Stadium would help us a lot. They play Vanderbilt and then TCU the next two weeks so there is a good chance they are 1-2, maybe even 0-3 when we play them.

If they are 0-3 or even 1-2, that makes our game even more critical for them. Remember how 0-6 Nebraska played when we visited them last year.

3. The media picked Purdue ahead of us which I didn't like at all and was the one I really didn't get.

Well, some did but some didn't.

Well, some did but some didn't.

More often than not, it will lower the excitement level of the team and program and deflate them if they start losing. I always want whichever team we play to lose the game before we play them.

Top Bottom