Down goes Purdue!

Are you really this glib about college football, or are you just that dishonest for a trolling effect?

SDSU matches up quite well with Big Ten teams from a size and physicality perspective. I'll take our coaching staff's word on that over yours, thank you.

And what part of it was a miracle??? We recovered a fumble but it wasn't a fumble in the end zone as time was running out. We still had to march down the field and score the touchdown, and then prevent them from scoring again.

Unbelievable, the levels you guys stoop to just to try to win an internet argument.

:clap:

That’s good. Pretty sure everyone here is allowing for the team to get better and week 1 can be fluky. SDSU is not a power 5 level team.

Hey you and your cohorts were telling anyone who would listen -- the whole summer -- about how it's got to be 9+ this season, now or never.

Team wins the first game, and you turn your backs on them. Sounds good

Hey you and your cohorts were telling anyone who would listen -- the whole summer -- about how it's got to be 9+ this season, now or never.

Team wins the first game, and you turn your backs on them. Sounds good

Nobody’s turned their back on the team. You think PJ is telling them how well they did? What planet did you arrive from? I fully expect better prep and focus going forward. Team can still win 8+.

Coming up on 11 years registered. 3622 posts.

And I would bet not a single one of them, nary a one, have expressed a human thought with a complexity over that of a five year old.

And here you have it: resorting to ridiculous, illogical contortions, just to avoid losing the argument.

Are you really this glib about college football, or are you just that dishonest for a trolling effect?

Unbelievable, the levels you guys stoop to just to try to win an internet argument.

Feel free to continue displaying your ignorance about college football.

Not sure why, but I love threads like this.

Honestly G4L, you couldn’t make a bigger fool of yourself if you tried. The above quotes should be framed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I learned that if a team is down a point with 10 minutes left in the game and the other team fumbles the win should be classified as a miracle. You learn incredible stuff reading Gopherhole.

Today I learned that if a team is down a point with 10 minutes left in the game and the other team fumbles the win should be classified as a miracle. You learn incredible stuff reading Gopherhole.

It's right up there with the 1980 olympic hockey team.

I’m worried folks will have confusion now when speaking of the “Minneapolis Miracle”.

Without the gift unforced error fumble does the team get the ball back? SDSU had scored two touchdowns in the prior 3 possessions and seemed dialed in while we were on our heels. On the fumble drive they were moving the ball at will. MN had 32 offensive yards since halftime. Absolutely a huge momentum changer.

Without the gift unforced error fumble does the team get the ball back? SDSU had scored two touchdowns in the prior 3 possessions and seemed dialed in while we were on our heels. On the fumble drive they were moving the ball at will. MN had 32 offensive yards since halftime. Absolutely a huge momentum changer.

There was 8 minutes left in the game and it was 2nd and 9 on their own 37 yard line. They had 2 first downs on 2 plays before the 1 yard play on first down. Still waiting to hear how anything about that game was a miracle.

There was 8 minutes left in the game and it was 2nd and 9 on their own 37 yard line. They had 2 first downs on 2 plays before the 1 yard play on first down. Still waiting to hear how anything about that game was a miracle.

The turnover? Look up obtuse in the dictionary.

I certainly agree that winning would have been unlikely w/o what Ryan Burns called “the worst QB performance we will likely see all year”, just not sure “miracle” fits that win.

Another one that was confident despite the direction of the game and the boys getting whooped until that point. Nobody circles the wagons like defensive Gopher fans.

I think defensive Purdue fans are definitely up there. Also another thing learned today is being down by one point is now being whooped, incredible stuff coming out.

I think defensive Purdue fans are definitely up there. Also another thing learned today is being down by one point is now being whooped, incredible stuff coming out.

Like I said.

Nothing to see here. All is well.

If our win was a miracle what word describes ISU's win vs a FCS UNI?

I certainly agree that winning would have been unlikely w/o what Ryan Burns called “the worst QB performance we will likely see all year”, just not sure “miracle” fits that win.

I guess it depends on your definition. Does it have to be on the last play of a game? If he fumbles the ball while trotting in for a game winning TD with time running out is that a miracle - I guess I’d say that was.

As it was, the turnover was like manna from Heaven. It was exactly what the team needed at that point in the game and completely changed the likely outcome IMO. Agree to disagree.

Greatest Miracles in Sports History:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OJzpoj_NxqQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qYscemhnf88" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sS3pH7mygOE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did I ever say it was one of the biggest miracles in sports history?

When does getting lucky morph into miracle — murky or hard delineation?

Well, it can be. As I said, the fact that a school's prior teams have not done well against a particular level of opponents does not mean that a current team can't do better. As the investment commercials say "Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

I don't know the long history of NDSU football but I suspect that there was a time when FBS opponents weren't as concerned with NDSU's appearance on their schedule as they are now. There's no reason why SDSU couldn't evolve into a similar level of FCS opponent.

Northwestern was the the absolute dog of the Big Ten for many years, but that changed. Wisconsin was mediocre for many years but that changed. Things can change.
NDSU has a unique history. They were a strong D2 program until 2004. We needed a blocked FG in 06 to win and they beat us in 07 and 11. I am not completely sure on this, but I think they have a winning record vs the FBS, they had the bad loss to Iowa State one year, but I can't remember any other ones

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I’ll be certain to note when miraculous plays, catches, runs, shoe string tackles, turnovers, or comebacks don’t measure up to defeating the Soviets.

NDSU has a unique history. They were a strong D2 program until 2004. We needed a blocked FG in 06 to win and they beat us in 07 and 11. I am not completely sure on this, but I think they have a winning record vs the FBS, they had the bad loss to Iowa State one year, but I can't remember any other ones

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They are the Boise State of FCS vs FBS. It drives some fans nuts admitting that.

I’ll be certain to note when miraculous plays, catches, runs, shoe string tackles, turnovers, or comebacks don’t measure up to defeating the Soviets.

You called the win a miracle let's not try to twist your own words into something else.

Top Bottom