SDSU is a good team

All the computer rankings mean pretty much nothing for the first several weeks. Heavy reliance on 2018.

Well, so far, since taking over one team has improved their record and the other has regressed. Still too early to call tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purdue's record last year was worse than it was in Brohm's first year.

All the computer rankings mean pretty much nothing for the first several weeks. Heavy reliance on 2018.
Agree. Sagarin is worthless at this point and even debatable later in the season. It's better for basketball where there are more games played.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I'll take a win over SDSU (#68 and FCS)
over a road loss vs Nevada (#99 and FBS)

Did you know that Jeff Brohm is paid about 40-50% more than PJ Fleck.
Jeff Brohm is top 15 in college football.
PJ is 11th in the Big Ten.
Agreed. Good points

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

PJ is paid fairly relative to his peers and accomplishments to date. He's a relatively young coach with a great MAC tenure but still in "prove it mode" at his current job. 11 of 14 seems fair.

Brohm is wildly overpaid because he took a 3 win team and made it a 7 win team one year. One that probably would have improved anyway because they had a pile of returning players. Purdue is desperate to not be awful again so they drove a dump truck of money up to his house.

You do have to give credit to them, and/or their boosters, for ponying up the $4.8M a year.

PJ makes $3.5M, which is still not bad. Be curious to know how that ranks him in the P5 (doubt any non-P5 makes near that).

Top Bottom