Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1

    Default SDSU is a good team

    I know we can debate the merits of FPI, Sagarin, etc... But just for reference SDSU is better than a lot of FBS teams and a handful of P5 teams and others you wouldn't think.

    SDSU is ranked #68 in Sagarin. Vandy, Arkansas, Colorado, Zona, Kansas, Navy, Illinois, and Rutgers all rated below them.

    Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,247

    Default

    Yeah, they aren’t terrible and were highly motivated but ultimately we squeezed by the 68th best team. If this wasn’t an anomaly we have big problems on the lines and at linebacker. What does that imply for a Big Ten West run and the types of attacks and defenses we’re going to see. SDSU literally ran circles around us. Everything from game plan on offense and defense to individual execution was lacking, big time.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger14 View Post
    I know we can debate the merits of FPI, Sagarin, etc... But just for reference SDSU is better than a lot of FBS teams and a handful of P5 teams and others you wouldn't think.

    SDSU is ranked #68 in Sagarin. Vandy, Arkansas, Colorado, Zona, Kansas, Navy, Illinois, and Rutgers all rated below them.

    Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    So lower than they finished last year with a SoS that was ranked 141, which was over 90 spots lower than Gophs SoS.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Saragin had us at -6. So we outperformed Saragin in week 1.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    So lower than they finished last year with a SoS that was ranked 141, which was over 90 spots lower than Gophs SoS.
    How do you finish 68 with a SOS of 141? You win lots of games, and you win decisively, covering the spread regularly. Not hard to figure out.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    How do you finish 68 with a SOS of 141? You win lots of games, and you win decisively, covering the spread regularly. Not hard to figure out.
    I think you are missing the point...

  7. #7

    Default

    So Purdue is playing Nevada which is supposedly a FBS team (although a cupcake) but SDSU would be an 8 point favorite over Nevada on a neutral field.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Yeah, they aren’t terrible and were highly motivated but ultimately we squeezed by the 68th best team. If this wasn’t an anomaly we have big problems on the lines and at linebacker. What does that imply for a Big Ten West run and the types of attacks and defenses we’re going to see. SDSU literally ran circles around us. Everything from game plan on offense and defense to individual execution was lacking, big time.
    We will be fine. Bet on it.

    Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

  9. #9

    Default

    Man, I'd love to see what a SDSU vs Nevada game would look like after tonight.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Nevada 99th in Saragin ratings.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Some Day...Maybe View Post
    Nevada 99th in Saragin ratings.
    USF 76th in Sagarin ratings.

  12. #12

    Default

    I'll take a win over SDSU (#68 and FCS)
    over a road loss vs Nevada (#99 and FBS)


    Did you know that Jeff Brohm is paid about 40-50% more than PJ Fleck.
    Jeff Brohm is top 15 in college football.
    PJ is 11th in the Big Ten.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    I'll take a win over SDSU (#68 and FCS)
    over a road loss vs Nevada (#99 and FBS)


    Did you know that Jeff Brohm is paid about 40-50% more than PJ Fleck.
    Jeff Brohm is top 15 in college football.
    PJ is 11th in the Big Ten.
    PJ isn't about the paycheck! He did take a pay cut to come here after all.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

    Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    I'll take a win over SDSU (#68 and FCS)
    over a road loss vs Nevada (#99 and FBS)


    Did you know that Jeff Brohm is paid about 40-50% more than PJ Fleck.
    Jeff Brohm is top 15 in college football.
    PJ is 11th in the Big Ten.
    PJ is paid fairly relative to his peers and accomplishments to date. He's a relatively young coach with a great MAC tenure but still in "prove it mode" at his current job. 11 of 14 seems fair.

    Brohm is wildly overpaid because he took a 3 win team and made it a 7 win team one year. One that probably would have improved anyway because they had a pile of returning players. Purdue is desperate to not be awful again so they drove a dump truck of money up to his house.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post

    Did you know that Jeff Brohm is paid about 40-50% more than PJ Fleck.
    Jeff Brohm is top 15 in college football.
    PJ is 11th in the Big Ten.
    Purdue chose Brohm over PJ. Brohm has already had another school try and buy him away. There are reasons you have to pay more.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •