STrib: Bison fans, about 35,000 strong, ready to flood Target Field

I think from now on the U of MN should offer every high school football player in the state a scholarship so we can prevent this from happening again. That way we will never have to question the coaches.

Same for the other 126 FBS programs. What are the odds than they all continually miss the boat here !

Last edited:

I think from now on the U of MN should offer every high school football player in the state a scholarship so we can prevent this from happening again. That way we will never have to question the coaches.

I'm not sure about every high school football player, but Trey was rated the 7th best MN high school football player in 2018.

OK, I'll say it.

If the Gophers had played NDSU this week, and played the way they did against SDSU, NDSU would have won the game by at least 2 touchdowns.

A good team is a good team. NDSU is a good team. Lance is a heck of an athlete. I know there were schools looking at him for hoops.

I'm being dead honest here - I would rather have Lance than Morgan at QB for the Gophers.

The Gophers keep going through QB questions and QB roulette. the last two NDSU QB's are playing in the NFL. NDSU can locate and develop QB's who play well in their system. Can you say that about the Gophers?

(Not that any Gophers fans care -- and they shouldn't at this point...) I'll disagree on your guess about NDSU and two touchdowns. NDSU plays at SDSU regular season and the Jacks should be favored. Our problem is getting the Bison twice in a season: we haven't gotten past them in the FCS playoffs. This may be the year as our quarterback gains experience.

OK, I'll say it.

If the Gophers had played NDSU this week, and played the way they did against SDSU, NDSU would have won the game by at least 2 touchdowns.

A good team is a good team. NDSU is a good team. Lance is a heck of an athlete. I know there were schools looking at him for hoops.

I'm being dead honest here - I would rather have Lance than Morgan at QB for the Gophers.

The Gophers keep going through QB questions and QB roulette. the last two NDSU QB's are playing in the NFL. NDSU can locate and develop QB's who play well in their system. Can you say that about the Gophers?

You have officially gone off the deep end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Not that any Gophers fans care -- and they shouldn't at this point...) I'll disagree on your guess about NDSU and two touchdowns. NDSU plays at SDSU regular season and the Jacks should be favored. Our problem is getting the Bison twice in a season: we haven't gotten past them in the FCS playoffs. This may be the year as our quarterback gains experience.
I agree I think this is the year of the Rabbits. They have the front seven in defense and the skill guys on offense to get it done. As their qb gets more reps, he will get up to speed. I think UNI will have something to say about it too, they're always hovering in the top ten range

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Has to happen eventually, right?

I'll be sending good vibes the Jackrabbits way all year.

Always fascinating to see how sensitive Twin Citians are at the perception that they aren't as urbane as their counterparts in the larger coastal cities, yet fall all over themselves to belittle people from smaller population centers.

Always fascinating to see how sensitive Twin Citians are at the perception that they aren't as urbane as their counterparts in the larger coastal cities, yet fall all over themselves to belittle people from smaller population centers.

To be honest, I am like 99.5 % of the country and don't give a hoot what goes on in Fargo or FCS football, but commentary on line and elsewhere from NDSU fans who like to tell you who they would beat, could beat and will beat on any and every given moment is the basis for any snide attitude directed to them.

Last edited:

Haha. North Dakota's finest. I like the guy next to her all nonchalant checking his phone, lol.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

To be honest, I am like 99.5 % of the country and don't give a hoot what goes on in Fargo or FCS football, but commentary on line and elsewhere from NDSU fans who like to tell you who they would beat, could beat and will beat on any and every given moment is the basis for any snide attitude directed to them.

Fair enough. But I don't think that is completely unique to any given fan base.

Haha. North Dakota's finest. I like the guy next to her all nonchalant checking his phone, lol.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hot diggity... Where are the beat cops?

The Strib headline was prophetic in more ways than 1

Was that a real, live bison? (Or should I say bizon)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot diggity... Where are the beat cops?

She could have at least ducked into a parking garage stairwell. Shades of Hawkeye fans (or was it Wisconsin) relieving themselves on highway outside the Rose Bowl.

OK, I'll say it.

I happen to be someone who could care less whether NDSU wins or loses. I was impressed with SDSU and feel they will win their Conference. However I will add that NDSU has had several members of their FB staff who I would hire in a NY minute. The OG who is now on the staff at Iowa(Tim Polasek) really did some neat things when he was their OC. And while I thought Craig Bohl was a joke, Coach Klieman will be successful at KSU. So yes, I would agree. Their present QB would be a great addition to the Gophers, but perhaps their QB coaching is better. 2 in the NFL speaks well of past coaching.

I happen to be someone who could care less whether NDSU wins or loses.

Then care less

I was impressed with SDSU and feel they will win their Conference.

Could indeed happen, this year. Problem for SDSU is that the playoff committee does *not* want NDSU and SDSU to meet in the national championship game, and so will put them in the same half of the bracket. That has traditionally meant a re-match in the Fargodome, which SDSU has not had much luck winning, even if they do win the regular season game.

It will probably take SDSU having a better regular season record than NDSU for the game to be in Brookings via higher seed. And NDSU doesn't play an FBS team this season, so it will take some losses against teams like UNI for that to happen. UND isn't back up to speed like they were in the late 90's early 2000's, when they were better than NDSU, and that game is in Fargo. UC Davis could be a very interesting game, but also in Fargo.

The OG who is now on the staff at Iowa(Tim Polasek) really did some neat things when he was their OC. And while I thought Craig Bohl was a joke, Coach Klieman will be successful at KSU.

Are you saying Polasek is like a "true OG"? :cool:

Bohl might finally break through at Wyoming this season, they just upset Missouri although the game was at home. Boise will be tough as always, and I think CO St and Utah St will be tough too. 2016 was a great year for them, they thought they had arrived, then 2017 and 2018 were successive backwards steps.

Very interested to see how Klieman does at KSU. Probably not unprecedented to go from FCS head coach directly to P5 head coach, but I would bet it is very rare. They will rush for a ton of yards in the chuck n' duck Big 12, but not sure how that will translate to wins.

Their present QB would be a great addition to the Gophers, but perhaps their QB coaching is better. 2 in the NFL speaks well of past coaching.

Tray Lance is just the latest in a line of players who have played at NDSU, and who would've definitely been contributors to the Gophers. But they were not highly rated/ranked as recruits to warrant scholarship offers from the Gophers. It is what it is.

Carson Wentz was a unicorn. Not even sure if he was a 1-star recruit out in the middle of North Dakota when he was in high school.

His first QB coach (under Bohl) went with the staff to Wyoming. You might've heard about another guy he developed, named Josh Allen, with the Bills now.

Second QB coach (under Klieman) did not go with the staff to K-State, stayed in Fargo. He was also responsible for developing Easton Stick, now with the Chargers. Has been around college football forever, mostly at lower levels. Used to be the head coach at St. Cloud State.

Last edited:

And Bison fans think Gopher fans are inferiir. Loltapatalk_1567446065141.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

So kind of like how people from the east coast who belittle bumpkins in the Twin Cities?

Looks like another day in Fargo. Ick...

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FNdsuBisonFootballFans%2Fvideos%2F2889698661046269%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

I saw quite a few Gopher hats and shirts there... no reason why both fanbases can't cheer for each other.
A) its dam good football program
B) 50% of NDSU is Minnesota
C) theyll never play again anyways.

NDSU = 8 time National Champs, #2 overall NFL pick in Carson Wentz, 2 ESPN gamedays, 9 NFL players I TOUCHED THE AX AT CAMP RANDALL 2018!!

So you folks are beating the big boys in the SEC and BIG 10 regularly to win National Championships? Can you clarify how you won a National Championship in Division 1 with the big boys?

NDSU = 8 time National Champs, #2 overall NFL pick in Carson Wentz, 2 ESPN gamedays, 9 NFL players I TOUCHED THE AX AT CAMP RANDALL 2018!!

So you folks are beating the big boys in the SEC and BIG 10 regularly to win National Championships? Can you clarify how you won a National Championship in Division 1 with the big boys?

FCS Division 1 National Champions..

#2Gopher. were you at Camp Randall last year? I didn't see you there, so no need to question my gopher pride my belittling my other teams accomplishments

Top Bottom