STrib: Bison fans, about 35,000 strong, ready to flood Target Field

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

If you see a bunch of green-and-gold-clad football fans frolicking around the Twin Cities this weekend, don't worry. The Cheeseheads haven't arrived early for the Dec. 23 game against the Vikings.

You're seeing a temporary invasion from the northwest, with North Dakota State's football team visiting Target Field for its season opener against Butler on Saturday.

The Bison, winners of seven of the past eight FCS championships, including the past two, are expected to draw about 35,000 for the second college football game to be played at the Twins stadium. The 3 p.m. game might even challenge the announced crowd of 37,355 drawn by local Division III powers St. Thomas and St. John's in 2017.

"We're hoping to get close to a sellout," said Derrick Lang, executive director of NDSU's Team Makers, the athletic department's fundraising arm. "We're getting there. We're getting close."

http://www.startribune.com/bison-fans-about-35-000-strong-ready-to-flood-target-field/558824412/

Go Gophers!!

Lots of jean shorts, sweat stained ball caps, and mid-late 80's sedans in town blaring Molly Hatchet out of their Jensen Triaxial speakers.

Lots of jean shorts, sweat stained ball caps, and mid-late 80's sedans in town blaring Molly Hatchet out of their Jensen Triaxial speakers.
They will be rocking mullets, jorts, and green and gold Jerseys.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I was thinking 38 Special...under dash FM only Pioneer receiver, autoreverse tape deck, with Dolby noise reduction of course.

They will be rocking mullets, jorts, and green and gold Jerseys.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

tenor.gif

Don't forget the shiny windbreaker jackets with their names embroidered on the front...

With Def Leppard's High 'n' Dry blasting at an ear-splitting, distorted volume.

Sounds like my '83 Plymouth Horizon with the Alpine tape deck and awesome speakers I bought at Best Buy.

I think it will be more of a Winstock crowd. And don't be surprised if you see several very fetching nubiles who for some reason are with a weird-beard dude who looks like Chaka.

With Def Leppard's High 'n' Dry blasting at an ear-splitting, distorted volume.
That's an insult to Def Leppard!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Don't forget the shiny windbreaker jackets with their names embroidered on the front...

I rode my bike up the Nicollet Mall and through the Target Field Plaza around 12 noon today and these green people were all aver and I cannot lie, these stereotypes are not that far off.

The highlight was some old guy and his wife driving one of those adult trikes down 1st Ave N. seeking attention with some crappy music blaring.

I know our fan base was pretty old, even after a lot have died off, but I'd guess at least half the people I saw were groups of fairly old looking couples. Mixed in were a lot of couples with a bunch of fairly young kids.

The SDSU crowd I saw Thursday looked a lot more together. Maybe it is just those awful washed out green and yellow colors combined with the JORTS, and assorted muffintops is what makes it all worse.

I'll give them credit for showing up though. I envy them for having these moments in Iowa City:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14NrXHnYqvU

v

I saw some of them in the Maple Grove area this evening.

I suppose they made a run out of the scary big city as soon as they could.

I saw some of them in the Maple Grove area this evening.

I suppose they made a run out of the scary big city as soon as they could.

You are correct. I’m sure the older folk back home reminded them the city gets scary after dark.

Did they win? I haven’t checked little school lower division scores yet.

When is the NDSU game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When is the NDSU game?

Since DI hockey is still a growing or even niche sport, it is good to see that the Bisons are building the brand up a bit by the big run in Division II football.

With the news that their big Hockey donor was a closet collector of Nazi artifacts, ect, this was a good step forward in polishing up the image of the Bizons.

I think this was a really great thing the Twins did today for our good lower dII neighbors to try to build them up a little.

Since DI hockey is still a growing or even niche sport, it is good to see that the Bisons are building the brand up a bit by the big run in Division II football.

With the news that their big Hockey donor was a closet collector of Nazi artifacts, ect, this was a good step forward in polishing up the image of the Bizons.

I think this was a really great thing the Twins did today for our good lower dII neighbors to try to build them up a little.

tenor.gif

When is the NDSU game?

I was going to correct you but then I realised it was a joke. ha.

It looks like Trey Lance from Marshall is going to be quite the athlete at NDSU. I am not sure why Minnesota did not offer him, but there must be a reason.

I'm glad they were able to agree on the nickname Bison after having to give up the old racist name and mascot they were using.

I'm sure Bison Hockey will be back contending soon.

OK, I'll say it.

If the Gophers had played NDSU this week, and played the way they did against SDSU, NDSU would have won the game by at least 2 touchdowns.

A good team is a good team. NDSU is a good team. Lance is a heck of an athlete. I know there were schools looking at him for hoops.

I'm being dead honest here - I would rather have Lance than Morgan at QB for the Gophers.

The Gophers keep going through QB questions and QB roulette. the last two NDSU QB's are playing in the NFL. NDSU can locate and develop QB's who play well in their system. Can you say that about the Gophers?

Did anyone go? I’ve always wanted to attend a high school game at Target Field. Sad I missed it.

I'm glad they were able to agree on the nickname Bison after having to give up the old racist name and mascot they were using.

I'm sure Bison Hockey will be back contending soon.

Yes, that was a tough time to go through for the now named Bison and their Bismarck faithful.

It looks like Trey Lance from Marshall is going to be quite the athlete at NDSU. I am not sure why Minnesota did not offer him, but there must be a reason.

I think from now on the U of MN should offer every high school football player in the state a scholarship so we can prevent this from happening again. That way we will never have to question the coaches.

If the Gophers had played NDSU this week, and played the way they did against SDSU, NDSU would have won the game by at least 2 touchdowns.

Likely true, but making the list of teams that would have beat us last Thursday isn’t a high bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom