GSU fans rejoice in Gophers mediocre performance, declare victory over a week before

PitinoFan

Banned
Reaction score
This is just one of 13 pages of comments about last nights game. Surprisingly, the most optimistic comment came from someone other than Talon. I’ll bet we can find some people on Gopherhole who agree with this.

—-

Eskimojoe

We will name our score against Minnesota. If we don’t beat them by 20+ something is seriously wrong with the team.

https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthr...up-on-the-Gophers-vs-SDSU-game-tonight/page11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this Eskimojoe guy.

There a lot of GS fans that feel like the Eagles chances to win the game are a hole lot better after watching the game last night.

GATA

There a lot of GS fans that feel like the Eagles chances to win the game are a hole lot better after watching the game last night.

GATA

PitinoFan;1779789]This is just one of 13 pages of comments about last nights game. Surprisingly, the most optimistic comment came from someone other than Talon. I’ll bet we can find some people on Gopherhole who agree with this.

TALON - I have to be optimistic about the Gophers winning their next game. It does GSU no good to play a Gopher 1-1 team!

Eskimojoe -We will name our score against Minnesota. If we don’t beat them by 20+ something is seriously wrong with the team.

https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthr...up-on-the-Gophers-vs-SDSU-game-tonight/page11

TALON - I don't believe that GSU can walk into the Gophers Stadium and lay waist to you by 20 points. AS you know between the first and second game your coaches and player have a chance to make the biggest gains. I'm still at GSU 31 - Gophers 28.

Last edited:

TALON - I don't believe that GSU can walk into the Gophers Stadium and lay waist to you by 20 points. AS you know between the first and second game your coaches and player have a chance to make the biggest gains. I'm still at GSU 31 - Gophers 28.

We’ll see, but as you know these games happen all the time to several P5 teams per year. I used the example of Iowa needing two blocked field goals to beat UNI 17-16 in 2009, and finishing the season ranked #7 in the country. A few years ago, Iowa got beat by NDSU, and had a pretty good 6-3 Big Ten record.

It’s a mistake to take these teams lightly, but it’s also a mistake to assume last night’s performance is indicative of how they’ll play against GSU or any other team.

It wouldn’t shock me if SDSU could knock off Fresno. That’s a solid team. They’re certainly better than New Mexico State or Miami of Ohio (two cakewalk wins from last year).

Last edited:

GATA

A lot of MN fans too.

Well, it’s hard to blame them isn’t it? The boys laid an egg last night and escaped with a W. If the confusion we saw last night doesn’t disappear in a hurry they just might run wild on us. Woof. The good news is it might lead to an edge and increased focus for us and some overconfidence for them.

Gophs will win this game by 30. GSU is not as good as SDSU

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Well, it’s hard to blame them isn’t it? The boys laid an egg last night and escaped with a W. If the confusion we saw last night doesn’t disappear in a hurry they just might run wild on us. Woof. The good news is it might lead to an edge and increased focus for us and some overconfidence for them.

There is something to be said for a hard fought win like that in game 1. The coaches have the players full attention after that one and any of the players that were buying into winning the West hype now know it isn't going to be easy.

All depends on how the team responds. My guess is we will see a much different team next weekend out in Fresno.

We’ll see, but as you know these games happen all the time to several P5 teams per year. I used the example of Iowa needing two blocked field goals to beat UNI 17-16 in 2009, and finishing the season ranked #7 in the country. A few years ago, Iowa got beat by NDSU, and had a pretty good 6-3 Big Ten record.
It’s a mistake to take these teams lightly, but it’s also a mistake to assume last night’s performance is indicative of how they’ll play against GSU or any other team.
It wouldn’t shock me if SDSU could knock off Fresno. That’s a solid team. They’re certainly better than New Mexico State or Miami of Ohio (two cakewalk wins from last year).

TALON- Believe me I do understand.

Gophs will win this game by 30. GSU is not as good as SDSU

And yet SDSU was an FCS team with 63 scholarships and many a Gophers on this board were predicting a blow out. You have not played GSU or seen any of our games this season. Predicting a 30 point blow out against GSU is premature and a little pretentious.

Sagarin says South Dakota State would be 8 point favorites over GSU on a neutral field.

We should have things cleaned up by then. Ol is concerning at moment however

But we know this team is capable of more

Sagarin says South Dakota State would be 8 point favorites over GSU on a neutral field.

What did Sagarin say about the SDSU gopher game in the Gophers stadium. What does Sagarin say about SDSU playing at GSU where they would have to play at GSUs stadium?

Remember these predictions are based on last years stats!

TALON- Believe me I do understand.

And yet SDSU was an FCS team with 63 scholarships and many a Gophers on this board were predicting a blow out. You have not played GSU or seen any of our games this season. Predicting a 30 point blow out against GSU is premature and a little pretentious.

Mn played poorly and won. Mn fans expected them to carry momentum from last year. Bad games happen.

TrueBlue from GSU board -

Brandon Mileski from KFAN in Minneapolis said Minnesota had a few more cupcake games before starting B1G play including “some cream puff called Georgia Southern”

Bring it on Brandon.

TALON- hey Brandon was SDSU a cupcake?

I see Brandon is an ignorant man. Is he on twitter or does he have a sports address?

Last edited:

^

I don’t think the guy you’re calling out really cares whether the Gophers win. KFAN is very Vikings and Twins focused right now. Gopher football is 5th or 6th on the totem poll in this town, depending on whether you place them ahead of Gopher basketball. I believe it would take a Big Ten title to change that.

Also...he probably knows zip about GSU, but we’ll find out tomorrow night whether his cupcake comment is accurate!

Last edited:

TrueBlue from GSU board -

Brandon Mileski from KFAN in Minneapolis said Minnesota had a few more cupcake games before starting B1G play including “some cream puff called Georgia Southern”

Bring it on Brandon.

TALON- hey Brandon was SDSU a cupcake?

I see Brandon is an ignorant man. Is he on twitter or does he have a sports address?

Brandon probably knows as much about GSU as he does about the gophers and he's probably never even heard of GSU. Just some context for you.

What did Sagarin say about the SDSU gopher game in the Gophers stadium. What does Sagarin say about SDSU playing at GSU where they would have to play at GSUs stadium?

Sagarin said the Gophers were 6 point favorites over SDSU which was almost exactly correct.

As for a GSU vs SDSU matchup in Georgia, Sagarin says SDSU would be favored by 5.5 points.

^

I don’t think the guy you’re calling out really cares whether the Gophers win. KFAN is very Vikings and Twins focused right now. Gopher football is 5th or 6th on the totem poll in this town, depending on whether you place them ahead of Gopher basketball. I believe it would take a Big Ten title to change that.

Also...he probably knows zip about GSU, but we’ll find out tomorrow night whether his cupcake comment is accurate!

But the Gophers are not playing the #8 LSU tigers at their place.

Sagarin said the Gophers were 6 point favorites over SDSU which was almost exactly correct.

As for a GSU vs SDSU matchup in Georgia, Sagarin says SDSU would be favored by 5.5 points.

And I saw other poles where the Gophers were 13.5 over SDSU and for a P5 team thats still low!

But the Gophers are not playing the #8 LSU tigers at their place.

That’s my point. GSU is getting paid to take an L, which is the definition of “cupcake.”

That’s my point. GSU is getting paid to take an L, which is the definition of “cupcake.”

But GSU is not going to lose to the P5 gophers and the LSU game has not been played yet. Watch and learn!

SAgarin is different than the vegas lines. How dumb are you?

I wasn't looking at Vegas lines. Wasn't it the Gopher fans that predicted a blow out over SDSU? Where you one of those dumb fans?

I wasn't looking at Vegas lines. Wasn't it the Gopher fans that predicted a blow out over SDSU? Where you one of those dumb fans?

Yup I wanted a blow out. We'll get our blow out in a couple weeks when we play our first cupcake game. Some school from the south, can't remember their name.

Yup I wanted a blow out. We'll get our blow out in a couple weeks when we play our first cupcake game. Some school from the south, can't remember their name.

You played your first cupcake game against an FCS team and they came close to blowing out the candle on your cupcake game!

Last edited:

You played your first cupcake game against an FCS team and they cam close to blowing out the candle on your cupcake game!

In any game, there is a winner, and there is a loser. That is all that matters. Losing in OT and losing by 50 counts the same in the standings. I’m not a believer in moral victories. If playing a superior team tough counted for anything, both GSU and the Gophers would have much more to brag about than they currently do.

Top Bottom