Can Morgan throw 40 yards?

Line of scrimmage is the 42. Catch is made at the 3.

So close.

:p

Now we know he can throw it 50 yards without apparent strain.

Judging by that video, I'm thinking he'd be able to chuck it 55 or maybe 60 yards if he gets both cheeks into it.

His ability to throw "The Deep Ball" is the least of our worries right now.

He released it from his own 49, and it looks like it would have landed at the 1 or the 2. It’s 49-50 yards, and he made it look fairly easy. I can’t think of too many scenarios where he’d need to throw it much further than that, other than a Hail Mary pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big deal. Lots GHers can throw that far too.

He released it from his own 49, and it looks like it would have landed at the 1 or the 2. It’s 49-50 yards, and he made it look fairly easy. I can’t think of too many scenarios where he’d need to throw it much further than that, other than a Hail Mary pass.

Not 50!

Big deal. Lots GHers can throw that far too.

Do we need to redo the poll and up it to 50 yards, now that we know Morgan can throw it that far?

He threw it 39 yards downfield, with no pressure, a fresh arm, and a little help from the wind and the earth’s curvature.

It was a tremendous effort.

I’m guessing pretty much every Big Ten starting caliber QB can throw a football at least 55-60 yards, including Morgan.

Speaking of short QBs, I challenge anyone to find a highlight of Drew Brees completing a pass longer than 40 yards (in the air) in college. There might be a couple, but I didn’t see any in the few highlight videos I watched. I saw a few 30-35, but it was mostly shorter passes. His receivers were good at making defenders look bad in the open field. Brees made a lot of risky throws in college, and paid for it often.

I’m guessing pretty much every Big Ten starting caliber QB can throw a football at least 55-60 yards, including Morgan.

Speaking of short QBs, I challenge anyone to find a highlight of Drew Brees completing a pass longer than 40 yards (in the air) in college. There might be a couple, but I didn’t see any in the few highlight videos I watched. I saw a few 30-35, but it was mostly shorter passes. His receivers were good at making defenders look bad in the open field. Brees made a lot of risky throws in college, and paid for it often.

So you are comparing Morgan to Brees?

So you are comparing Morgan to Brees?

No.

I’m in awe of what Brees has been able to accomplish. He had lots of naysayers over the years.

Last edited:

He threw it 39 yards downfield, with no pressure, a fresh arm, and a little help from the wind and the earth’s curvature.

It was a tremendous effort.

Unless my sarcasm meter is broke....Are you trying to be a ******?

Conservatively he threw from midfield and the ball was caught at the 5. It was somewhere between 45-48 yards in the air pretty effortlessly.

20190830_225033.jpg
20190830_225101.jpg

I don't think Tanner is some savior but should be able to get the job done just fine.

Also underrated...Mo’s block allowed Morgan enough time to make the throw.

Go to 1:24:28 of the video.
Approximately 50 on a rope.

You have to admit it's pretty funny that Morgan drilled a 45+ yard TD pass in the first game after our hilarious "can Morgan throw 40 yards" thread.

Go to 1:24:28 of the video.
Approximately 50 on a rope.

Nice throw.

His stat line for that game... 39/65, 455 yards, 3 TDs, 4 INT. It’s not often a QB throws 4 Int and lives to tell about it, let alone win the game, but he was an all or nothing QB in college, which is a sharp contrast to the way he plays now.

Top Bottom