Gophers will host DePaul as part of multi-team event

The other 3 opponents. ...

are likely to come from this group of 11 (last year's final NET ranking in parentheses):

Central Michigan (#122)
Cornell (#200)
Iona (#207)
Army (#239)
Saint Francis-NY (#257)
New Orleans (#270)
Lafayette (#282)
Western Illinois (#305)
Saint Peter’s (#318)
Manhattan (#320)
Kennesaw State (#342)

I'll predict Central Michigan, Western Illinois, and Manhattan.

Last edited:

I'll take the Blue Demons. Would love to see IW come back with the Gaels! Hopefully, we get Central Michigan to keep the average NET reasonably up.

I'll take the Blue Demons. Would love to see IW come back with the Gaels! Hopefully, we get Central Michigan to keep the average NET reasonably up.

In my opinion, Pitino with a maestro performance crafting a non-conference schedule this season. I really like this one.

54.5% of the non-conference games are vs. major conference opponents, and 2 of them are at home. Have always thought that as a major conference school you should have just under, right at, or just over 50% of your non-conference games vs. major conference/notable opponents. Going forward for the Gophers an 11-game non-conference slate means 5 or 6 of these type games every season. This one hits the mark. I also like having 2 home & homes in the same season, one at home, one on the road. I'm pretty sure the DePaul game will act as the front end of a home & home.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure the DePaul game will act as the front end of a home & home.

Hope you're right, SS. I'd love to get another chance to see the boys play in Chicago, especially at yet another venue where tickets are relatively easy to get.

So that's 6/11 non-conference games against Power 6 teams? That's a pretty impressive ratio.

Top Bottom