Poll - Big Ten Other Games - Rooting Interest

If you watch other Big Ten Non Conference games, who do you root for?

• Total voters

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
If you watch other Big Ten Games, who do you root for?

I mostly want the B1G to do well in non-conference, but if Iowa, Wisconsin, or Nebraska wanna take a loss or two that'd be great.

In non-con, I want the conference to look good.

For conference games, I hope the West teams beat each other up.

During the non-conference I usually root for most teams in the Big Ten, except a few. Iowa and Wisconsin of course get no love. I also still have trouble rooting for Maryland and Rutgers, even though they've been in the Big Ten for a bit. Also, I kinda want Nebraska to lose so the hype train crashes.

Generally I'll even hope B1G West teams win in say blow games or whatever.

But this time of year some teams I feel we need to get softened up a bit before we play them.

I mostly want the B1G to do well in non-conference, but if Iowa, Wisconsin, or Nebraska wanna take a loss or two that'd be great.

Pretty much this. Though the West has been dragged so much in recent years I kinda root for us all in OOC. Don’t want realignment :)

I want most of the big ten to win, Wisconsin to lose, and am ambivalent on Iowa (either I get to enjoy their misery, or the conference gets a win).

I hate WI and IA.
Neutral on most.
Kind of like Purdue and IL.

I grew up a big fan of both Penn State and Nebraska. However, the stupid bell and chair “trophies” have soured me on liking either team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grew up a big fan of both Penn State and Nebraska. However, the stupid bell and chair “trophies” have soured me on liking either team.

The Bell is a real trophy, but should be retired if Minn and Penn St are only going to play once every three years. Can't make the same argument about the Jug, because it has so much history.

The other isn't a trophy. It's an overgrown Twitter meme. The answer is No.

I tend to root for conference, except wi and ia

I want MN to be good because they can win though games, not ****ty opponents

I tend to not root but I really enjoy when crappy teams beat big ten rivals. Particularly in the west

Watching Nebraska lose to South Alabama would make me laugh. I usually cheer for the conference tho. Helps more teams become bowl eligible which is just a good look for us as a conference and better competition is always good

I pull for Nebraska and will pull for the Gophers this year except for the GSU game.
The better the Gophers do the better GSU looks!! Win, Win or maybe, some how, a close loss to the Gophers..

Watching Nebraska lose to South Alabama would make me laugh. I usually cheer for the conference tho. Helps more teams become bowl eligible which is just a good look for us as a conference and better competition is always good

I can see your point, but if Minnesota does their job and beats a good Nebraska team it will do more for the Gophers in the polls.

I always root against Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Rutgers, and Maryland.

The rest I really don't care about either way.

I always root against Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Rutgers, and Maryland.

The rest I really don't care about either way.

You should root for Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Rutgers, and Maryland. & then beat their @$$. It makes the gophers look better!

Why the last three???

I also root against all three of them. I like to see Ohio State lose because they have been so dominant. I root against Rutgers and Maryland because I don't think of them as Big Ten teams. I am currently working my way through all of the Big Ten stadium and I have no plan on going to Maryland and Rutgers.

I like to see Ohio State lose because they have been so dominant.

Ok. I don’t agree with this.

It’s not like it is some inherited dynasty crown that they haven’t earned. They gonout on the field nearly every year and earn it. So I respect them.

I root against Rutgers and Maryland because I don't think of them as Big Ten teams. I am currently working my way through all of the Big Ten stadium and I have no plan on going to Maryland and Rutgers.

But Nebraska is?? Penn State is??

Penn State, Maryland, and Rutgers are all high research, large public universities, like much of the Big Ten. I think it’s lame to include the first and exclude the latter two just because of timing. But you do you.

Thou shalt not root for the Badgers or Hawkeyes, for this is an abomination unto Goldy.

I also root against all three of them. I like to see Ohio State lose because they have been so dominant. I root against Rutgers and Maryland because I don't think of them as Big Ten teams. I am currently working my way through all of the Big Ten stadium and I have no plan on going to Maryland and Rutgers.

Having been there, I highly recommend visiting Maryland. It's right by DC, decent stadium. I had a blast.

I always root for B1G teams in bowl games except for Ohio St. Entitled fans and the arrogance is ridiculous.
During the season, I admit, I like to see the big favorites get upset.

Cheering for teams just because they are in your conference represents a lack of loyalty to all that is good and decent!

I never cheer for:
Wisconsin - although I don't loathe them.
Iowa - I do loathe them.
Michigan - I LOATHE them!
Penn State - Never have and never will like them.
Indiana - only in basketball
Michigan State - only as long as Izzo is their basketball coach.

Top Bottom