Game Day Experience / Survey email from The "U"

Vandy

Reaction score
I don't recall getting these last year? It's a good thought. Perhaps we can gang up on some of the things that CAN be controlled.

I'd like to see ushers at the top of the stairs / aisles controlling (to some degree) traffic during game play. I am always amazed by the volumes of people on the stairs during play, oblivious to the field and the fans that are paying attention. I went back to the email and added a comment on that issue.

Last year I got a survey for every game ... maybe even the year (s) before that I got them for every game.

Thanks for the tip to add a suggestion!

They probabbly can't train up all the ushers in one game as they're largely ... just there, but long term it should be a thing.

How about not hiring traffic cops to muck up traffic?

Aside from the concessions issues I brought up in another post, the lady who was out-and-about among the crowd with the microphone (her name escapes me now) added nothing to the game day experience. Mostly because nearly everything she said was unintelligible. I don't know whether it was quality control issues with the sound system, or the pitch of her voice, but from where we were sitting, we could understand very little of what she was saying.

The pre-game band show and spirit rally outside the stadium is at it's 3rd location in as many years. For me, the jury is still out whether I like the new location in front of Mariucci. At first blush, I like it better than the tribal nations plaza location. I liked when they performed on Oak Street, but I get that someone decided that there are better uses for that space.

I may be misremembering this, but it seems I recall they experimented with ushers last year, or maybe the year before, but I don't think they did much, other than welcome people, and help them find their seats.

Aside from the concessions issues I brought up in another post, the lady who was out-and-about among the crowd with the microphone (her name escapes me now) added nothing to the game day experience. Mostly because nearly everything she said was unintelligible. I don't know whether it was quality control issues with the sound system, or the pitch of her voice, but from where we were sitting, we could understand very little of what she was saying.

The pre-game band show and spirit rally outside the stadium is at it's 3rd location in as many years. For me, the jury is still out whether I like the new location in front of Mariucci. At first blush, I like it better than the tribal nations plaza location. I liked when they performed on Oak Street, but I get that someone decided that there are better uses for that space.

I may be misremembering this, but it seems I recall they experimented with ushers last year, or maybe the year before, but I don't think they did much, other than welcome people, and help them find their seats.

Yeah unless I focused I think the mic lady was hard to understand. Granted she flubbed a few lines too, but that's ok ;)

It is too bad Bufalo Wild Wings is right where it is. That would have been a nice open grassy spot in front of the stadium for pep rallies and for fans to gather around. There is simply not much open green spaces around.

It is too bad Bufalo Wild Wings is right where it is. That would have been a nice open grassy spot in front of the stadium for pep rallies and for fans to gather around. There is simply not much open green spaces around.
Nebraska found a big grassy area next to the alumni center a block from the stadium a few years ago. It was a sea of red.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nebraska found a big grassy area next to the alumni center a block from the stadium a few years ago. It was a sea of red.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You have to be sensitive to the creation of grassy knolls. They can create a lot of controversy.

Top Bottom