Maybe it was the beers, maybe it was the late start...

Recovering from surgery so the Billds did not make this game. Thanks to DarrenTheGreek for putting our seats to good use.

Not surprised to see comments about lack of fan noise and participation at critical moments in this first game. It is not new and I attribute it to just many attending are not "regular" fans who are there from being gifted tix, getting them cheap one way or another, or just taking advantage of a Thursday night opener. The stares and perplexed looks used to bother me (when both Billds are engaged) but not any more. Plus, I think there's just a mentality that for a non-conference game it is just not kosher to be loud and engaged. Makes no sense to me but that's what it looks like.

As for drunks these are few and far between up in 212 and 211, but it does happen. Our 10 years of data suggest it's our visitors from the south and east that are the main culprits. The worst for sure was when a drunken I-O-W-A fan made a very loud remark about Coach Kill's epilepsy a few years ago. Several neighboring Gophers were ready to take this guy out. Nothing physical transpired but it was very unpleasant.

Looking forward to doing our part in a few weeks with GSU in town.

I agree that the stadium crowd seemed to have low energy

Did not see anyone drunk or any bad behavior

Saw plenty of kids and thought the game was definitely family friendly

Somebody who participated in debate, what do we call this kind of response? You know, when you mischaracterize part of someone else's argument and ignore their main point? I know there's a name for it. I think the point was that the poster observed someone or multiple intoxicated someones two-fisting their drinks all evening, right up to the last call. In fact I know that was the point, because that's what the poster wrote.

Back when the U announced beer sales on campus I thought that if I wanted to encounter obnoxiously drunk visiting fans I could just attend a Vikings game. I'm glad to say it hasn't happened yet at a Gophers game, but but I'm always on the alert when (once or twice a year) I bring my kids to a game.

Appreciate your post, but we can just agree to disagree.

As others have backed up, TCF Stadium for Gopher home football games are most definitely family friendly and not a lot of "drunks" to be found.

I honestly don't feel too upset at folks for not getting into the game. It's what happens when you schedule FCS opponents. The stakes of the game are quite low, and If the gophers are losing, like they were for a period, folks are more likely to be upset and frustrated. FCS opponents are a great way to get to six wins, but probably not the best way to build a fan experience at the stadium. I remember when opened against TCU. The crowd was electric and it really set the tone at the stadium. Looking ahead I think the early season Big Ten games will benefit the fan experience. You won't be able to blame the weather or the lack of quality opponents anymore.

We were front row, gopher side. So the wife got a kiss from Goldie. It made her year. I thought the atmosphere was great. We were by the student section, so it was quite raucous.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom