What was the play of the game in the Gophers win over SDSU?

• Rashod Bateman's TD catch

Votes: 41 80.4%
  • Chris Williamson's pick 6

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Tyler Johnson 2 point conversion pass to Tanner Morgan

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Had my fantasy draft going on at the same time during the game, but the two plays that made me forget about the draft was the pick 6, and then the fumble recovery late in the 4th...

Fumble recovery decided the game. Gophers had all momentum after that.

Edit: and oh yeah, I had 2 buddies over for the draft. I live in Fargo, so they are Bison fans. After the Bateman TD, they got interested, asking who that kid was. What a spectacular play.

Last edited:

Had my fantasy draft going on at the same time during the game, but the two plays that made me forget about the draft was the pick 6, and then the fumble recovery late in the 4th...

Fumble recovery decided the game. Gophers had all momentum after that.

Edit: and oh yeah, I had 2 buddies over for the draft. I live in Fargo, so they are Bison fans. After the Bateman TD, they got interested, asking who that kid was. What a spectacular play.

I had two drafts last night as well! Dataforce FF for those interested :)

We lose that game without Bateman's incredible TD -- end of story. The O was stymied all night and fortunate to get that TD on a 3rd and 13, as well as a score off a very lucky turnover deep in SDSU territory. For all the talk of scoring 35+ per game this year, that was a super pedestrian performance. It's obviously early, but there is a TON to clean up on both sides of the ball...

I think you guys who were busy with drafts were just not focused enough on the gophers ... that's the problem!

I guess the Bateman grab or the fumble recovery in the 4th.

None of the above. The sack on 4th down by Devers. After that, the fumble recovery by 46. After that the catch by Bateman.

Most impressive play was Bateman's catch.

I voted play of the game was the 2 point conversion.

If we didn't get the lead back to 7, I fear we would have lost.
Getting it to 7 seemed to allow our defense to play better knowing it was a lot more unlikely they would lose if SDSU scored next possession where 7 would tie and 8 would win.

Top Bottom