What grade would you give the Gophers in the season opening win vs SDSU?

What grade would you give the Gophers in the season opening win vs SDSU?

• A

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • B

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • C

Votes: 66 40.5%
  • D

Votes: 69 42.3%
  • F

Votes: 13 8.0%

• Total voters

Anyone know what SDSU’s talent ranking is?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish you wouldn't have asked this, because I went and looked up the Big Ten (FCS teams aren't ranked).

in 2016 we were ranked 12th in the Big Ten and 5th in the Big Ten West.
In 2019 we are ranked 10th in the Big Ten and 5th in the Big Ten West.

The bad news? Maryland is still ranked way higher than us. We should just forfeit and maybe keep Winfield for the whole season. We have no chance.....

Never less than a C when you win.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

SDSU is a solid team. I know they're FCS but they're better than a lot of FBS programs. It's not as embarrassing as some are making it out to be. The concern for me comes from the line play, the way SDSU dominated at times it looks like things could be rough in some B1G games.

Fresno will be a much better indicator of how good this team can really be

D. Shouldn’t be a nail biter against any FCS team

In my book there are only two grades you can give a football team an A or a F there is nothing in between. It's really simple to be honest.

... the Gophers showed nothing last night and SDSU put everything they had on film. ...

I doubt that is correct for the Gophers and I know the portion of the statement pertaining to SDSU is incorrect. Of more concern for the Gophers is the game film will be studied by the next Gopher opponent and unless the Gopher coaches are willing to start coaching and make in-game adjustments, there's a blueprint for how to deal with the Gopher lines.

I don't know if there was any home cookin. They had to call that hold. It ended up not being needed, but if the KR would have bounced outside, it would have mattered.

Anyone know if that was a Mountain West crew? I'm pretty sure that I've seen the female "C"enter ref out here. As far as grades I gave a "B". SDSU was a decent game and we found a way to win. Still plenty to improve on this week. I'll be in Fresno pulling for the Maroon and Gold. Go Gophers!

I did enjoy being at the game but I saw this gif and it fits... a bit:

Ni1Kzbi.gif

I don't think I could give the Gophers an "F" for a game that they won, but in reality this was as close to that as can be in my mind. A D minus, minus in my book. A very tough way to start the season that will plant doubts from here on out. I hope they play better but even if they do I will have this game in the back of my mind as a signpost reminding me there isn't a game left on the schedule that would be impossible to lose. I still think they are all winnable, but I now believe they are all lose-a-ble too. I now feel my 8-4 prediction will be a bigger challenge to meet than I thought all off season.

I know some balk at this, but at least they all know what they need to work on. Assuming a win, I think it’s preferable to face some adversity in an early game than it is to win 79-0 over a total pushover like Howard University. (What could Maryland possibly have learned about their team from that). I’m guessing some on the team took SDSU lightly, and they learned a valuable lesson. Hopefully, they’ll never make that mistake again. If they had lost the game, I would have a different opinion, but both the offense and defense came through in crunch time.

I realize it’s also possible that the team isn’t as good as a lot of us thought they would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know some balk at this, but at least they all know what they need to work on. Assuming a win, I think it’s preferable to face some adversity in an early game than it is to win 79-0 over a total pushover like Howard University. (What could Maryland possibly have learned about their team from that). I’m guessing some on the team took SDSU lightly, and they learned a valuable lesson. Hopefully, they’ll never make that mistake again. If they had lost the game, I would have a different opinion, but both the offense and defense came through in crunch time.

I realize it’s also possible that the team isn’t as good as a lot of us thought they would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, it was frustrating but a lot of mistakes look to be mental. We've seen many of these players play better, so we know it can be done.

I still think we'll be 8-4

B.
Can’t get anything less than a B for winning week one.
If they continue to play mediocre ball wins can become less satisfying.

Top Bottom