Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default [POST GAME THREAD] - Minnesota defeats SDSU 28-21

What’d you think, gopherhole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDSU is a good football team.

The line play for Minnesota has to get better.

I'm happy the Gophers are 1-0 and that college football is back.

Should be great weather this weekend!

Morgan was pretty good. Bateman was the star. Line play on both sides was bad.

Impossible to know what kind of team we have. We could be bad. SDSU could be amazing (I expect they are). Or it could be an off-game. Which is even worse. I hate severe inconsistency more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Vision View Post
    Claeys talks a good game? He has the personality of a rock.

Both lines need to play better. We played coverage like we were putting pressure on the QB when we weren't

A win is a win.

However, gotta shake off the rust. Gotta figure out why we were doing so badly on both lines.

Honestly, the line play on both sides is what gave us the trouble. To many times Tanner had no time to throw, or 5he defender was right next to the RB right away. We shouldn't have given up so many rushing yards.

Clean up the line play, and that game would not have been close.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollinsanity View Post
    What’d you think, gopherhole?

Brutal.

Both side of the line need to shape up. Once, that has happened, then we can focus on other parts of the game. Nothing else matters if your line lets the other team through like a sieve.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

Might not be the best idea to have two heavyweights on one side of the line. They looked SLOW. Gophers deserve credit for winning. However, SDSU exposed Gopher weaknesses, which is not a good thing in week one. Morgan was efficient, which is good. But arm strength is still an issue. Defensively, SDSU controlled the line of scrimmage. Gophers were fortunate to be playing against a RS freshman QB playing in his first game. It took him a while to get comfortable. But once he did, SDSU moved the ball at will on the ground and through the air. At Fresno State is going to a huge challenge. Huge challenge on the road.

It looked like the first game of the year for a still young offense.

Defense has a lot more experience. Didn’t play great but made a couple plays in the end to get the win.

JackRabbits are a really good FCS team. The Gophers only being 2 TD favorite shows it wasn’t going to be easy.

Gophers are going to have to kick it in the end zone and try for touchbacks if they can't cover better than that. Flashbacks of Ryan Santoso unsuccessfully trying to pin them in the corner.

Blog Entries

A win is a win. But we're probably underdogs next week if we weren't already.

The young LB’s got did not play well either. SDSU had a great game plan and really outplayed us the second half.

Really,really,really disappointed with both tackles. They acted like they had never, ever seen the defensive linemen use a twist to rush the QB. Hello, that’s taught in the Junior High in Edina.

Before the game I would have been happy with a W and limited injuries. AB out but hopefully not serious. But after watching the poor line play, tackling, kicking game and play calling I'm much more concerned about this team.

1-0. Lots to work on. Our play on the LOS has to get better. We didn’t run the ball nearly as well as I thought we would. Our front seven on defense must improve. I thought our secondary played well. Cony Durr was solid. Pretty vanilla offense hope to see more next week. No passes that I remember to the TE’s. Great week of coaching coming up.
    Big thing, we did what we had to, to win.

SDSU is a very good team. They are going to win a lot of games.

We need to be much more physical. That’s how we ended the season last year.
    Last edited by Joe Hardy; 08-29-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Thought we'd dominate on both lines. I was wrong. Wow. On OL, I guess starting a rFr, Soph, very suspect LT, and new but talented C was gonna be more difficult than suspected despite the talent. Better get it cleaned up quick.

DL was outplayed badly despite the pub they were getting late in camp. LBs looked SLOW, wow. Looked like the middle of last season with the indecisiveness on various motions and backfield looks.

K missed an extra point and looked shaky on one more.

KO coverage gave up two massive returns. STs supposed to be improved with the depth.

Won the game. Outweighs all of the above but doesn't cure tonight's heartburn.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk