Huge congrats to SDSU

Gopher028

Reaction score
Gophers may have won the game, but you proved to be top contender in the FCS.

Congratulations to you for fighting hard and playing with a B1G team.
Good luck moving forward. I truly hope (for our sakes) that you win the FCS championship this year.

Let's be honest, they were the better team tonight. Just did not win the game.

Gophers may have won the game, but you proved to be top contender in the FCS.

Congratulations to you for fighting hard and playing with a B1G team.
Good luck moving forward. I truly hope (for our sakes) that you win the FCS championship this year.
They are a good football team, they really should have won this one. PJ and company were outcoached and out schemed most of the game. Good luck to them.

78%

That's the only reason why the Gophers won tonight.

SDSU was better prepared for this game and out played the Gophers except for on the very costly mistakes.

Let's be honest, they were the better team tonight. Just did not win the game.
Uh no

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Moral victories are reserved for Minnesota teams only.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Watched the game with my SDSU-alum parents and had to agree with my dad that the Jacks should’ve won. I love that school and hope that they take care of NDSU.

Tonight continues to prove that lower tier Power 5 conference teams are minimally better than top tier FCS teams.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1-0

I’m so happy*
* relieved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight continues to prove that lower tier Power 5 conference teams are minimally better than top tier FCS teams.

No. These opening week games are the super bowl for the FCS teams (who have been game planning specifically for the game for months) and a warm up for the FBS teams. This same game would be a blowout mid-season.

Silly dilly

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No. These opening week games are the super bowl for the FCS teams (who have been game planning specifically for the game for months) and a warm up for the FBS teams. This same game would be a blowout mid-season.

I never thought of it like that

How can they be the better team when they threw a pick-six, and they fumbled the ball which lead to a TD drive for us?

Without those, they win 21-14. Instead, they lost 21-28. I disagree they were the better team.

In addition, by that same mid-season game both sides would have seen significant injury attrition. A school with 85 scholarships is better equipped to handle that than a school with 63 scholarships. The first game of the year is the healthiest for both teams.

That's another reason why the SEC November patsy game is so easy and ridiculous.

Their DL and OL should be proud.

I though defensively they were pretty ballsy to just pick whatever their defense was and REALLY commit to it. For a lower level team that usually means you get burned quickly elsewhere but we couldn't make them pay for most of the night and they'd shift heavily here or there and made tackles.

Top Bottom