Rossi honeymoon is over! Time to fire!

1967 2.0

Banned
Reaction score
This is a shamockery!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We're 'glen mason' playing our DBs 7-9 yards off the ball and they're playing with us..

Miss Grundy agrees.
6e49077f48f027fef8753c2b1f710ed8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Relax. The game isn't over and it is only the first game.

That play just shows us being outcoached.

When I saw Sam Renner of all damn ppl starting at DL, i got quezzy... He's the Sam Schlueter of the DL

How does a DLineman-Renner get called for holding! TWICE!
I think it's a new area of emphasis this year.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

They really missed Kamal Martin, none of the other LB's stepped up. The DT's play left a lot to be desired.

That play just shows us being outcoached.

We were out coached on both sides of the ball in this game.

PJ is right. Most games aren’t won. They are lost. SDSU lost this game. It’s still a win for us. We live on to get out coached again next week.

Can the boys overcome it again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Destroyed up the middle all game. We are in serious trouble. Perhaps a blow out next week.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We were out coached on both sides of the ball in this game.

PJ is right. Most games aren’t won. They are lost. SDSU lost this game. It’s still a win for us. We live on to get out coached again next week.

Can the boys overcome it again?

Explain how we were out coached.

They really missed Kamal Martin, none of the other LB's stepped up. The DT's play left a lot to be desired.

Any inkling why he is not playing?

Explain how we were out coached.

Poor preparation.

Poor game plan.

Poor play calling (for the most part)

Poor adjustments.

Special teams got blown out of the building.

Defense couldn’t stop basic RUTM plays.

Offense couldn’t wear down their DL despite a massive size advantage.

Can’t find a way to get your best receiver the ball against untested DBs.

Bateman shut out in the second half.

Still don’t know how to manage time in year three, burning two timeouts in the 3rd quarter (but they did too, so maybe not out coached on this point?)

Last edited:

I think it's a new area of emphasis this year.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Moar offense!! Fans like big plays. Verboten: calling a foul if a defensive player is pulled to the ground or blocked in the back. Points. We want points.

Was ugly and embarrassing, but thank goodness we won! N containment on the ends and WR’s wide open. Very poor tackling for the whole game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, some serious negativity in this thread!

No doubt, but it's also sauteed with a healthy serving of relief.

I watched a lot of the offensive line, probably more than I usually do, and it was brutal. Big Dan and Dunlap looked like they were wearing giant heavy work boots on their feet.

No doubt, but it's also sauteed with a healthy serving of relief.

I watched a lot of the offensive line, probably more than I usually do, and it was brutal. Big Dan and Dunlap looked like they were wearing giant heavy work boots on their feet.

Fair enough, but the thread is about firing Rossi.

Remember how much people were in love with him at the end of last season? Remember when people said that if he had been our DCoord all of last season, we would've won 8 or 9 games?

Was ugly and embarrassing, but thank goodness we won! N containment on the ends and WR’s wide open. Very poor tackling for the whole game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It felt like a lot of the defensive secondary was waiting for the runner ... to come to them. Then predictably they got stood up and / or a bad angle.

Poor preparation.

Poor game plan.

Poor play calling (for the most part)

Poor adjustments.

Special teams got blown out of the building.

Defense couldn’t stop basic RUTM plays.

Offense couldn’t wear down their DL despite a massive size advantage.

Can’t find a way to get your best receiver the ball against untested DBs.

Bateman shut out in the second half.

Still don’t know how to manage time in year three, burning two timeouts in the 3rd quarter (but they did too, so maybe not out coached on this point?)

Yeah, the time management was not good especially with the two wasted TOs. Good news is they will have a lot of plays to watch to analyze where they need to improve. I expect many things to look better next week in Fresno.

Out coached, outplayed, but not out scored. It's a win.

Remember how much people were in love with him at the end of last season? Remember when people said that if he had been our DCoord all of last season, we would've won 8 or 9 games?

Anyone seriously calling for Rossi to be fired after last night is out of their mind. The defense didn't play great last night but it is not like they dropped 50 on us. Let's see how he does in the weeks ahead when he has current game film to work off of as opposed to the first game of the year when you have no clue what a team like SDSU is going to throw at you as they pull out all the stops in an effort to spring the upset.

Getting some more help from the offense and special teams would be nice as well. Neither unit did a ton to help the D last night.

I took that as sarcasm.

Top Bottom