Halftime Thoughts

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
O-Line isn't dominating like I thought they would be. Not a great game from them so far. No explosive runs Pass protection hasn't been solid.

Playcalling - dismal until the Bateman TD. Really trying to play a safe game.

Defense seems solid

Special teams - Odd no one chased down the fumble snap on SDSU first punt. Seemed like we were sleeping or not sending anyone. Missed extra point was very Minnesota

#1 doesn't seem to have his legs yet
Would be nice to toss him a screen pass at some point
No TE's yet.
Very "safe" game plan offensively.

I don’t think D seems very solid. At least d line I should say. Both lines are looking slow and weak to me. Lot of game left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O-Line isn't dominating like I thought they would be. Not a great game from them so far. No explosive runs Pass protection hasn't been solid.

Playcalling - dismal until the Bateman TD. Really trying to play a safe game.

Defense seems solid

Special teams - Odd no one chased down the fumble snap on SDSU first punt. Seemed like we were sleeping or not sending anyone. Missed extra point was very Minnesota

#1 doesn't seem to have his legs yet
Would be nice to toss him a screen pass at some point
No TE's yet.
Very "safe" game plan offensively.

Jackrabbits can be explosive. Gophers better open up the playbook, get Johnson into the picture, or they may lose. The vanilla running game early on was dull and not very effective. Bateman great, defensive secondary looking good so far, but the Gophers have to score a lot more points to put this one away.

Jackrabbits can be explosive. Gophers better open up the playbook, get Johnson into the picture, or they may lose. The vanilla running game early on was dull and not very effective. Bateman great, defensive secondary looking good so far, but the Gophers have to score a lot more points to put this one away.

PJ seemed to be wanting to take the "shorten the game approach" too early in this one.
Our running game is really dismal, or SDSU is really preparing for the run and we're not willing to take the deeper shots.
We lost a possessions of course on the TM interception which didn't help.

I thought Howden played well first half.

In other games, UCLA and Chip Kelly in year 2, lost at Cincinnati tonight.

Halftime thoughts.

Like every year, this team sucks. We're a 5-7 team and the pundits who had us 6th in the west were right.
If we can't control the line on both ends of the ball (and if Sam Schlueter is our starting LT) we're doomed...

If we do come back and win, it's likely an * win at this point.

Halftime thoughts.

Like every year, this team sucks. We're a 5-7 team and the pundits who had us 6th in the west were right.
If we can't control the line on both ends of the ball (and if Sam Schlueter is our starting LT) we're doomed...

I was worried about the left side, but the right side has stunk and our D-line is awful.

Top Bottom