Former Purdue star comes out as bisexual

Unless he is very good, Teams will likely dodge signing him and the PR frenzy that follows. It kind of makes you wonder if he is coming out now to boost his notoriety.

Story didn't even mention his preferred pronouns, what a disappointment.

Ignorant comment. Bisexuality and gender identity are two totally different things.

I appreciated this article and his courage. It’s hard enough to be open and true even in a non-public career typically known for LGBT people.

It’s shocking that in 2019 there’s still no major active team sport openly gay/bi male athletes.

That's gotta be a rough occupation as far as that life goes.

I appreciated this article and his courage. It’s hard enough to be open and true even in a non-public career typically known for LGBT people.

It’s shocking that in 2019 there’s still no major active team sport openly gay/bi male athletes.

I suspect there is a lot of filtering done in school where folks struggling with such things find sports would just compound the difficulties.

Well Section2 is a Trump supporter so what do you expect.

Another award winning comment from Rickman55.....

I thought you had said you were done with Gopher football after they lost at Iowa in 2012?

I thought you had said you were done with Gopher football after they lost at Iowa in 2012?

They do give out awards for dumba$$ posts, maybe that’s what he’s going for

As a nominee and possible past winner ...

They do give out awards for dumba$$ posts, maybe that’s what he’s going for

It would have to be epic, shown to be despised by all, and generally shown to have such magnitude as to cause an uproar (with laughter).

Will be interesting if the former Purdue star gets back into the NFL. If he's good enough, he should. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27484719/no-distractions-nfl-veteran-opens-sexuality
He only came out with his story after it looked like his NFL options were nonexistent. Whatever team was interested him was well after camp had started. He didn’t get a contract, so they apparently moved on.

He didn’t play last year, he wasn’t signed by anyone in the off-season and the 53 man roster is due this weekend.

It seems to me that he’s going for one last moment notoriety.

MLS has one in Collin Martin, Minnesota United.

If he’s gay great, if he’s not great. Tell your family tell your friends, the rest of us don’t need to know, dont need your self promotion. It’s 2019, your being gay is nothing I need to publicly know about. There are plenty of gay people in the world, I have friends that are gay. It’s not a big deal, I don’t care if youre gay not gay. It’s not news.

Last edited:

Unless he is very good, Teams will likely dodge signing him and the PR frenzy that follows. It kind of makes you wonder if he is coming out now to boost his notoriety.

Probably a little bit of both. Probably wants to go after his NFL dream with a clear conscience, and if he gets some publicity along the way, thats fine too. I have no problem with it.

Its 2019 we are past that. Teams will sign him based on talent. People don't care what his sexuality is anymore

good for amin ..gets his jollies posting and keeping track of peoples sexual preferences

How is he wrong? Most Trump supporters are against members of the LGBTQ community. Ever look at Mike Pence's record on gays?

Its 2019 we are past that. Teams will sign him based on talent. People don't care what his sexuality is anymore

We aren’t necessarily past LGBT issues especially in men’s sports but you are correct that if say, Aaron Rodgers were to come out he would still be the star QB of the Packers. Just like if Cam Newton had led the kneeling instead of Kap, Cam would still be an NFL starter.

How is he wrong? Most Trump supporters are against members of the LGBTQ community. Ever look at Mike Pence's record on gays?

Another award winning post on a football message board....

Looking at your post history, do you honestly just browse GopherHole & wait to comment on social issues?

What did you think of the offensive line & linebacker play last night? I care more about that than you lumping people into a group of what they do or do not believe, especially on a football message board.

Another award winning post on a football message board....

Looking at your post history, do you honestly just browse GopherHole & wait to comment on social issues?

What did you think of the offensive line & linebacker play last night? I care more about that than you lumping people into a group of what they do or do not believe, especially on a football message board.

Dude. If you don't want people making political comments on the football board, tell the guy who started a political thread on the football board - not the people who are responding to a political thread with political comments.

Dude. If you don't want people making political comments on the football board, tell the guy who started a political thread on the football board - not the people who are responding to a political thread with political comments.

Fair point....Guy who made the original post....post that on a different board.

Better?

Last edited:

Guy who made the original post....post that on a different board.

Better?

Perfect!

This is a political post that has nothing to do with football, and it's frankly surprising that the mods have left it on the football board this long.

I believe it's been established that roughly 4% of the population is non-hetero. How many professional athletes are there in the USA? Can we just assume that 4% of that number is practicing some alternative method of sexual gratification and stop with the public out-comings?

I believe it's been established that roughly 4% of the population is non-hetero. How many professional athletes are there in the USA? Can we just assume that 4% of that number is practicing some alternative method of sexual gratification and stop with the public out-comings?

I'm not convinced that the ratio is the same.

It might be that a lot of folks are filtered out before they become professional athletes.

I think most of them just don't care. They aren't homophobic, they are homo-bored.

I'm sure there is a percentage of them that fit your stereotype, but there is a decent little chunk on the left that isn't the most tolerant of the LGBTQ community either.

My opinion, if he's good enough, it would be an absolute travesty for him to not get a chance. If his coming out helps other young athletes feel some sort of acceptance, it's good.

I personally don't care about his preferences, but I get that this is a really big thing nowadays.

Ignorant comment. Bisexuality and gender identity are two totally different things.

Excuse me? I know they are different. But it's important to know. Is he non-binary bi-sexual? Does he identify as a woman who is attracted to men and women or as a man? Or is he they? Talk about an ignorant comment.

Top Bottom