Odds of Someone Commiting (Verbally) Tonight or Tommorrow

% chance of Getting a verbal

• So, your saying there's a chance! (1 in a million)

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • 1-20%

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • 21-40%

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • 41-60%

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • 61-80%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 81-100%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok, will Pitino get fired if he lands Walton, Mashburn and Garcia but the team has multiple injuries and a player kicked off for improper use of a University stapler resulting in a 10-23 record and Oturu blows up averaging 16/11 and getting advised he will go in the first round by his father's sister's neighbor's second cousin who has nothing to do with basketball but coaches AAU.

Will he get fired then?

Ok, will Pitino get fired if he lands Walton, Mashburn and Garcia but the team has multiple injuries and a player kicked off for improper use of a University stapler resulting in a 10-23 record and Oturu blows up averaging 16/11 and getting advised he will go in the first round by his father's sister's neighbor's second cousin who has nothing to do with basketball but coaches AAU.

Will he get fired then?

Yes. We can't tolerate any more off-court incidents. :cool:

10-23 and he would be gone as that likely means a 4-16 type conference record.

Will he get fired then?

Yep, he'd b gone.

That would be 3 historically bad conference seasons in what, 7 years?

The odds of him landing Walton, Mashburn and Garcia are about .5%. If we land one it impressive, I hope I'm wrong. I think if Pitino goes 10-23 with only a couple big-10 wins he should be gone.

The odds of him landing Walton, Mashburn and Garcia are about .5%. If we land one it impressive, I hope I'm wrong. I think if Pitino goes 10-23 with only a couple big-10 wins he should be gone.
Now you're a math expert?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the chances are better than that. That is the class though that would be needed to be competitive at the top of the conference.

You are always the ray of sunshine in my make believe world of Pink Shiny Unicorns dancing on Rainbows.

You must be old, single and live in a basement apartment surrounded by canned goods for the impending end of civilization as we know it.

You are always the ray of sunshine in my make believe world of Pink Shiny Unicorns dancing on Rainbows.

You must be old, single and live in a basement apartment surrounded by canned goods for the impending end of civilization as we know it.

Middle aged, live in the bright and shinny house in the 'burbs, loving life. . . . . .I've been fallowing the gopher for almost half a century and I'm a realist. Some of guys are the biggest gopher homers on planet earth, must be disappointing recruit after recruit. We might land one of Walton, Mashburn or Garcia.

Middle aged, live in the bright and shinny house in the 'burbs, loving life. . . . . .I've been fallowing the gopher for almost half a century and I'm a realist. Some of guys are the biggest gopher homers on planet earth, must be disappointing recruit after recruit. We might land one of Walton, Mashburn or Garcia.

One of them would be great and we will have the opportunity for 2. We are looking at our top of the barrel guys. Most programs never get all their top guys. Also recruiting is so much more fluid now with transfers and waivers. Coaches will get fired and recruits can reopen and one thing Pitino has proven is he is quite adept at spring recruiting.

One of them would be great and we will have the opportunity for 2. We are looking at our top of the barrel guys. Most programs never get all their top guys. Also recruiting is so much more fluid now with transfers and waivers. Coaches will get fired and recruits can reopen and one thing Pitino has proven is he is quite adept at spring recruiting.
Sounds like we're in as good of a spot with all of those guys as we can be. Reality is Dawson is a long way from commiting, I think there's genuine interest, but no one knows what he's thinking right now. I think with Walton it'll come down to us and how commitable his Arizona offer is. Mashburn had nothing but good things to say about the U. Seems like we're higher on Berry, right now, but both Berry and Mashburn can shoot it, concerns with Mashburn are height, his ability to handle the ball. I think blue bloods view him as a short two guard

Sounds like we're in as good of a spot with all of those guys as we can be. Reality is Dawson is a long way from commiting, I think there's genuine interest, but no one knows what he's thinking right now. I think with Walton it'll come down to us and how commitable his Arizona offer is. Mashburn had nothing but good things to say about the U. Seems like we're higher on Berry, right now, but both Berry and Mashburn can shoot it, concerns with Mashburn are height, his ability to handle the ball. I think blue bloods view him as a short two guard

Being higher on Berry would make some sense right now given his versatility. With only 3 spots available right now, it would be ideal to have a combo guard who can play some PG if Greenlee doesn't pan out. I think fans who see Mashburn is only 6'0" assume he is a PG or combo guard, but Rivals and 247 list him strictly as a SG, so I don't think it's just the blue bloods who feel that way. Having said that, I would be happy to get either.

Being higher on Berry would make some sense right now given his versatility. With only 3 spots available right now, it would be ideal to have a combo guard who can play some PG if Greenlee doesn't pan out. I think fans who see Mashburn is only 6'0" assume he is a PG or combo guard, but Rivals and 247 list him strictly as a SG, so I don't think it's just the blue bloods who feel that way. Having said that, I would be happy to get either.
247 has him as a Combo, atleast on the Gopher prospect page, but you're right on Rivals. Updated rivals page, we have ten targets on there, I would say eight are legit possibilities at this point

247 has him as a Combo, atleast on the Gopher prospect page, but you're right on Rivals. Updated rivals page, we have ten targets on there, I would say eight are legit possibilities at this point

Who are the 8 legit possibilities ?

Who are the 8 legit possibilities ?

I gotcha Built.

10) Suggs
34) Garcia
83) Walton
87) Carlson
98) Murrell
100) Mashburn
116) Berry
127) Mitchell
128) Muscadin
142) Gordon

I'm quite interested to see how truly interested Muscadin or Murrell are in the U. Different types of bigs, but will be interesting to see. I think if Demir can be successful this year it will help us recruit shooting bigs in future years. I also think we obviously have a surprise in the spring as an addition to our class. As of now it seems like our best shot at a first commit may be Gordon

Interesting. His profile lists him as a SG. Not sure how things get out of sync like that.

Each day this thread runs I think the odds must be getting higher that somebody wants to play for the Gophers tomorrow?

Each day this thread runs I think the odds must be getting higher that somebody wants to play for the Gophers tomorrow?

Is this a normally quiet period for Big Ten or any Division 1 team, or are other Big Ten teams bringing in recruits?

Is this a normally quiet period for Big Ten or any Division 1 team, or are other Big Ten teams bringing in recruits?

Every team is hosting visits almost every weekend, some schools do have commits at this point.

Top Bottom