The Gophers/SDSU game will be a success if?...(fill in the blank)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
...we dominate D-line play, get legit pressure on their QB, and control the line of scrimmage on the offensive end.

Oh, and finish the night with a 1-0 record.

Go Gophers!!

First and foremost get the W and do it in non dramatic fashion preferably. Doesn't have to be a blowout but a double digit win with no late game drama would make the game a success in my opinion.

they win. and Morgan stays healthy. It would also be nice if a few people show up for the game.

Win.
No major injuries.
Back ups get significant playing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We win with no significant injuries.

Except maybe PJ pulling a hammy on his sprint between quarters.

No doubter...starrt fast....17+ point win

no injuries

Last edited:

Win only earns a C. That is what is expected
Win without late stress+ No Injuries That is a B
Blowout win + no injuries = A

L=F

there is no * grade however

Win only earns a C. That is what is expected
Win without late stress+ No Injuries That is a B
Blowout win + no injuries = A

L=F

there is no * grade however

Like it or not, this SDSU team would probably finish higher than Illinois and Rutgers in the Big Ten. Maybe for those games you’d also demand a blow out to get an A. I respect your opinion, but mine is that this can be a good, hard fought win without needing to win by 3+ scores.

Like it or not, this SDSU team would probably finish higher than Illinois and Rutgers in the Big Ten. Maybe for those games you’d also demand a blow out to get an A. I respect your opinion, but mine is that this can be a good, hard fought win without needing to win by 3+ scores.

Not demanding a blowout.

The last time SDSU was on the field they got manhandled by NDSU 41-21 and couldn't physically match up with them. If we can't push around SDSU and expose a (rs)Freshman making his first start, this season will start out below expectations. I think it'll be close at half and we pull away a little in 2nd half.

Turnovers being the huge variable, we start turning it over, anything can happen, they turn it over few times it'll possibly turn into a laugher

Not demanding a blowout.

The last time SDSU was on the field they got manhandled by NDSU 41-21 and couldn't physically match up with them. If we can't push around SDSU and expose a (rs)Freshman making his first start, this season will start out below expectations. I think it'll be close at half and we pull away a little in 2nd half.

Turnovers being the huge variable, we start turning it over, anything can happen, they turn it over few times it'll possibly turn into a laugher

NDSU in a playoff scenario is a bad example. They are a team nobody wants to play down the stretch.

For me the success is the Gophers imposing their will in the running game in the second half. 200 rushing yards in the 2nd half will blasting open the run game.

Not demanding a blowout.

Our OL got pushed around a lot vs Fresno to start last year but hey got back into shape.

After being gone too long it's great to be back in the Cities and around Gopher football again!

I would say any win is a success, but will sleep better if it is by a couple of scores.

The alternative of not getting a win - the boat will be taking on significant amounts of water and PJ may be without a life vest. I am not sure the band would keep playing either. Too much energy (because we don't believe in momentum) going into the season. I will just take any win during the non-conference season and get ready for the BIG schedule!

Gophers win 45-0 and then SDSU beats NDSU later this year...living in Fargo is hard guys.

Win.
Stay healthy.
Repeat next game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

As of 10 minutes ago. South Dakota still has not showed up. Stuck in traffic.

Win.
No major injuries.
Back ups get significant playing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto. We don't want a repeat of 2015 season with all the injuries. It was a bad start with TCU on the opener. What was Mega Tongue thinking?

Gophers win and nobody gets hurt. Faalele scores a TD and waves at everyone all cute :eek:

Top Bottom