Sid Hartman: Gophers are prepared for and aware of South Dakota State

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck knows that the season opener against South Dakota State on Thursday at TCF Bank Stadium will not be an easy matchup, even if the Jackrabbits are an FCS team.

“They’re a really good football team. Some publications have them picked to win a national title — whether it’s North Dakota State or whether it’s them,” Fleck said. “They’re very talented. They have an All-American receiver [Cade Johnson] on offense, they have a linebacker [Christian Rozeboom] that’s All-American on defense. They’re really talented.

“They play really well together, they’re well-coached and they have had consistency in their program for a long time and they have a really good quarterback that they’re starting in his first start. … We just have to take care of us. We have to worry about us, play our best football that we possibly can, that we’re capable of playing and that’s what we’re going to focus on.”

In 2018, the Jackrabbits went 8-2 in the regular season and won two FCS playoff games before falling to North Dakota State at the Fargodome 44-21 in the national semifinals.

Las Vegas oddsmakers — at least, the ones that publish odds for FBS teams facing FCS teams — have made the Gophers only 13-point favorites heading into the contest.

“That’s for all of you guys to talk about, not me,” Fleck said.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-are-prepared-for-and-aware-of-south-dakota-state/558618192/

Go Gophers!!

I hope the Gophers don't play too vanilla. Bad things can happen when you let a team hang around. Plus if you save too much for the Big Ten schedule, you might not have all the rust knocked off yet.

Sid probably meant that Gopher players are aware that South Dakota is a state and then the senility filters at the Strib came up with this article.

Sid probably meant that Gopher players are aware that South Dakota is a state and then the senility filters at the Strib came up with this article.

Sid remembers the good old days when it was Dakota Agricultural College in Dakota Territory.

Oh good, I’m glad that the Gophers are aware of an opponent’s existence

From 1904 to 1964, SDSU was known as South Dakota State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts or South Dakota SCAMa.

I'm thinking of the Sienfield "You are aware .... " line.

per Sid:

Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck knows that the season opener against South Dakota State on Thursday at TCF Bank Stadium will not be an easy matchup, even if the Jackrabbits are an FCS team.

“They’re a really good football team. Some publications have them picked to win a national title — whether it’s North Dakota State or whether it’s them,” Fleck said. “They’re very talented. They have an All-American receiver [Cade Johnson] on offense, they have a linebacker [Christian Rozeboom] that’s All-American on defense. They’re really talented.

“They play really well together, they’re well-coached and they have had consistency in their program for a long time and they have a really good quarterback that they’re starting in his first start. … We just have to take care of us. We have to worry about us, play our best football that we possibly can, that we’re capable of playing and that’s what we’re going to focus on.”

In 2018, the Jackrabbits went 8-2 in the regular season and won two FCS playoff games before falling to North Dakota State at the Fargodome 44-21 in the national semifinals.

Las Vegas oddsmakers — at least, the ones that publish odds for FBS teams facing FCS teams — have made the Gophers only 13-point favorites heading into the contest.

“That’s for all of you guys to talk about, not me,” Fleck said.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-are-prepared-for-and-aware-of-south-dakota-state/558618192/

Go Gophers!!

Last night suggested otherwise.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sid covered the little Big Horn. Great post game Crazyhorse was a close personal friend

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Your comment makes no sense. He said it wouldn't be an easy matchup, and it wasn't. What on Earth are you talking about?

I assume the title of this thread?

Gophers are prepared for and aware of South Dakota State

Top Bottom