***OFFICIAL SOUTH DAKOTA STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

WTH is wrong with Big Dan? He’s moving around like he just ate a whole chicken and is battling indigestion. I’m not sure he’s made even a mediocre block all half.

O-line needs to nail down the D-line stunts on pass plays. Sieve-like so far.

Offensive line looks weak and our pass rush is lacking. It’s making me sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faalele misses eating breadfruit and poi.

WTH is wrong with Big Dan? He’s moving around like he just ate a whole chicken and is battling indigestion. I’m not sure he’s made even a mediocre block all half.

Big Dan and the right guard don't look like they've ever played together before. Not catching the D-line stunts at all.

Other than Bateman looking like a monster and a future (current?) superstar this kinda sucks

Faalele was actually getting pushed back by the DE on one play.

Faalele is playing like he wants to stay in MN for four years.

Morgan’s 1st half. 11-13, 160 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

Bateman: 5 catches, 132 yds, 1 TD

CAB: 2 catches, 17 yard

TJ: 1 catch, 12 yards.

Smith: 13 carries, 44 yards

Ibrahim: 7 carries, 25 yards.

Recruiting is key. I still think to be competitive, the Gophers need to have an average recruiting ranking of 86 or better to stay abreast with the rest of B1G West opponents. We can't forget our competition are also improving. The differentiator is talent level across the board.

24 rushes for 74 yards is not elite. They’re going to have to figure some things out during the half. Not real impressed with either back thus far either. Things “should” open up in the second half but the potential for a catastrophic chain of events is increasing if we can’t run.

Other than Bateman looking like a monster and a future (current?) superstar this kinda sucks

Yeh, I'm trying to balance my thoughts between. "This sucks. We should be doing better" and thoughts of NDSU beating Iowa in boring low scoring games and then just hoping we win.
See what the second half brings us. SDSU wants us to beat them via the air and we don't want to do that until end of first half.

24 rushes for 74 yards is not elite. They’re going to have to figure some things out during the half. Not real impressed with either back thus far either. Things “should” open up in the second half but the potential for a catastrophic chain of events is increasing if we can’t run.

On the handoffs, I think Tanner is holding the ball too long with the reads. We would be better off with some quicker handoffs I think instead of read style. Mo is normally quick to the hole but got caught behind the LOS a few times.

Offensive line looks weak and our pass rush is lacking. It’s making me sick.

Yes to both. So far our hopes for an improved defensive line and pass rush aren't being fulfilled.

Bateman, though. WOW!

PJ, it is time to arrange the furniture at halftime. Eh, throw.

Yep. Both lines look slow and weak. D line does not look good to me at all. Both lines.

We'd be up by 30 if ZA hadn't gotten injured.

Top Bottom