***OFFICIAL SOUTH DAKOTA STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

This is going to be a long, long season!! Absolutely no confidence in Morgan or their defense.

It’s was the first game of the year. Gophers were 2 TD favorite not a 5 TD favorite.

Also Morgan’s 6th or maybe 7th career start.

Calm down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is going to be a long, long season!! Absolutely no confidence in Morgan or their defense.

Wut? Morgan was one of the few guys making some plays out there. The lines and the backers are the liabilities right now. The secondary isn’t much better... playing confused/slow and a wierd scheme tonight.

Carter Coughlin? No!

I didn’t see or hear anything - and watching on TV - but after wondering why I never heard his name I was looking for him on the field. Couldn’t find him.

Gophers were 2 TD favorite not a 5 TD favorite.

So in Vegas, and now Iowa, we lost by a touchdown.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am concerned about the injuries to Curtis Dunlop and Chris Williamson. Anyone else injured?

Williamson was walking around so not too worried. CAB sound like he’s significantly hurt though.

Williamson was walking around so not too worried. CAB sound like he’s significantly hurt though.

CAB was walking off unaided with TJ and Bateman at the end, talking and laughing. I'd be surprised if he is seriously hurt.

CAB was walking off unaided with TJ and Bateman at the end, talking and laughing. I'd be surprised if he is seriously hurt.

Good to know- announcers said he had his leg was wrapped in ice all 2nd quarter

Like I have said, this game has lots of teaching moments. One of them - don't take any team for granted.

You made a couple nice calls tonight.

Teaching moment - it's game. When a kidney and a pancreas are needed for my all too young wife, a three hour distraction is something to look forward to and just let happen.

Please, please if you have not, please agree to be a donor. - Dave

IMHO, one big losses on the OL is Jared Weyler. He was the OL signal caller. Who is playing center? Olson or Schmitz - the OL will have to get in sync. The center has a lot of growing up fast.

Well, it's simple. Clean up the O and D line play, and we will play a lot better. How easy is that going to be to do? No idea. Hoping most of it was first game jitters.

Morgan’s TD pass to Bateman was 49-50 yards in the air and couldn’t have been thrown any better with the safety bearing down on Bateman.

“Morgan has a weak arm”

“Morgan can’t throw the ball more than 40 yards.”

Well, it's simple. Clean up the O and D line play, and we will play a lot better. How easy is that going to be to do? No idea. Hoping most of it was first game jitters.
That last drive was more like what I expected us to be able to do - run at will.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

IMHO, one big losses on the OL is Jared Weyler. He was the OL signal caller. Who is playing center? Olson or Schmitz - the OL will have to get in sync. The center has a lot of growing up fast.

Yeah Weyler was the biggest loss on the team from last year IMO. Oline has to work on twists this week in practice because they're going to see a lot of them next week.

So? This wasn’t supposed to be a blowout.

Wasn't supposed to be a nail-biter either.

Analysts and sports pundits swallowed PJ's preseason malarky and this game soured them on the integrity of his assessment of his team.

If we keep playing like this, we will be lucky to finish at .500 in the division.

Analysts and sports pundits swallowed PJ's preseason malarky and this game soured them on the integrity of his assessment of his team.

If we keep playing like this, we will be lucky to finish at .500 in the division.

Watch the other BG10 West teams this week. I have a feeling you won't see finely tuned machines from many other teams either. But yeah, this game was rough for the O and D lines.

Several areas for the Gophs to work on. On the bright side, this team definitely has some playmakers. Those playmakers pulled the game out.

What are you talking about?

The Gophers were picked to finish 6th the B1G West.

What are you talking about?

The Gophers were picked to finish 6th the B1G West.

And they were picked to win the B1G West.

is

Both SDSU and M Minnesota are better than they were in their last meeting. SDSU had better heads about the game. Mn was a bit too lax.

And they were picked to win the B1G West.

By one voter.

The nonsense in this thread is hilarious.

Bateman at half: 132 yards
Bateman final tally: 132 yards.

Helluva job by SDSU to totally remove him from the game, I guess.

This is terrible to say but I feel like I just smoked my first ever cigarette after having kissed a girl in middle school! I would have been heartbroken for the year if we lost that Rodney and the D dug in late. Saved the season in my mind. Might be the dill pickle beers at the state fair typing for me though

It's nice to see so many "Gopher fans" chime in for the first game of the season (sarcasm).

SDSU played tough, and the Gophers have some things to work on, but the Gophers won, and deservedly so. The end result...one game, and one win��

This is terrible to say but I feel like I just smoked my first ever cigarette after having kissed a girl in middle school! I would have been heartbroken for the year if we lost that Rodney and the D dug in late. Saved the season in my mind. Might be the dill pickle beers at the state fair typing for me though

So like one of the better/memorable days of your life? Not my exact sentiments but to each their own as I’ve always said.

Top Bottom