Farmers' Almanac winter prediction: 'Worst of the worst' for Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib:

And this week, the almanac delivered its verdict for Minnesota’s coming winter: frigid and snowy, with a polar blast in late January that will send temperatures plunging to minus 40 degrees.

“We believe it’s your part of the country that’s going to get the worst of the worst,” said Peter Geiger, editor of the almanac, which has been issuing forecasts for 203 years. “We’re saying it’s going to be frigid temperatures for most of the northern plains into the Great Lakes.”

Our area, he added, will be whipsawed by what the almanac called a “polar coaster” of freezing temperatures plus heavier-than-usual rain, sleet and snow.

Oh, and as if that weren’t enough pain: The almanac predicts a late spring, too.

http://www.startribune.com/farmers-...n-worst-of-the-worst-for-minnesota/558475012/

Go Gophers!!

That's it, I'm moving to Somalia.

Awesome light snow and record highs all winter.

Everyone's money is always welcome in Las Vegas during the long cold winter months. We don't discriminate at all, the only important color is green. Even Jay Z knows that.

Everyone's money is always welcome in Las Vegas during the long cold winter months. We don't discriminate at all, the only important color is green. Even Jay Z knows that.
I like going in December and owning the hotel pool. If it gets to 65 I can have it to myself.

And if the NFL has any sense at all, the Raiders December schedule will be Chicago, Minnesota, Green Bay.

And the Farmers Almanac is never right

Not even 60th percentile winter

VBTTaGW.png

Also a reminder that they predicted the same thing for '18 - '19:

and '16-'17: https://www.forums.gopherhole.com/b...nnesota-rival-folksy-almanacs-forecast.69343/

But we haven't had a severe winter during any of those time frames.

rttYiaE.png

No offense, Bleed, I just hope you aren't putting too much stock into these predictions.

We could hit 60 on Sunday!

Go 60s in early March!!

We could hit 60 on Sunday!

Go 60s in early March!!
Go 60s, go 70s, go 80s, 90s and even 100s-- the older I get the more I like it warm or even hot as opposed to the dank, damp doom of Winter.

Go 60s, go 70s, go 80s, 90s and even 100s-- the older I get the more I like it warm or even hot as opposed to the dank, damp doom of Winter.
How have ur winters been in W Virginia?

Top Bottom