Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default River Flats Parking Okay again!

"Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Wow!

That’s impressive. Good on them. And a gracious and intelligent response.

The budget for the Mpls Park Board is tight, and management of green areas is the key. Someone needs to work on a turf management plan to present in the spring.
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

OK, I change my mind. I guess I would live there is I had to. This is a shocking reversal, just shocking.

This should be pinned to the top, through tomorrow, so people don't see the title of the other thread and cancel their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    This should be pinned to the top, through tomorrow, so people don't see the title of the other thread and cancel their plans.
    This story was on the KARE 11 10:00pm news last night.

Thank you City of Minneapolis Parks!

GopherHole for the WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
    Who hates iowa?

I'm guessing they'll just ban it next year, but at least they're going to reconsider and give fans more notice if they do

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    I'm guessing they'll just ban it next year, but at least they're going to reconsider and give fans more notice if they do
    That was really the worst part .... TWO DAYS before the game? Come on. Ridiculous

As I've said in another thread, the fair grounds can be a great place for tailgating, with good shuttle service pre- and post-game. It's just the labor day game is always nixed by the fair. They always seem to schedule a home game on week 1. I wish they would consider doing road games that week.

That was really the worst part .... TWO DAYS before the game? Come on. Ridiculous

As I've said in another thread, the fair grounds can be a great place for tailgating, with good shuttle service pre- and post-game. It's just the labor day game is always nixed by the fair. They always seem to schedule a home game on week 1. I wish they would consider doing road games that week.
    Meh, the fair grounds don't do it for me. I want to be on campus, or at least campus adjacent, for my pre game wassailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Gopher View Post
    Meh, the fair grounds don't do it for me. I want to be on campus, or at least campus adjacent, for my pre game wassailing.
    Then you're gonna have to pay dearly.

Whatever powers that be clearly want to shut down tailgating on East River Flats, as well as prevent tailgating near the stadium on private land, so as to force people into U-controlled environments.

Then you're gonna have to pay dearly.

Whatever powers that be clearly want to shut down tailgating on East River Flats, as well as prevent tailgating near the stadium on private land, so as to force people into U-controlled environments.
    I do not think that is the motive

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    I do not think that is the motive
    What do you think the motive is for shutting down ERF to tailgating, on seven out of 365 days per year? It clearly has zero to do with the physical condition of the park's grassland.

Coach Kill had a hissy fit about having the Season Openers on the road in 2011 (USC) and 2012 (UNLV), thus the dawning of the Thursday Night openers. 2009 (Syracuse) and 2010 (Mid Tenn St) were also on the road.

Personally, I like the Thursday night home openers. Works for me personally since I work downtown Mpls and then take Friday off for a nice 4-day mini-vacation.

I would be in favor of all pre-October games at TCF be at night/early evening. Great stadium for night games and atmosphere seems a bit more juiced (for example last year vs Fresno St and 2012/Syracuse).