Predict Tanner Morgan's line vs SDSU

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Completions / Attempts - Yards - TD's / Ints. --- Carries, yards rushing.

11/15 - 149 yards 1 TD / 0 INT -- 3 carries 12 yards

12/19, 167 yards, 1 TD/1 INT; 5 carries for 14 yards.

Go Gophers!!

14/21, 248 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT
2 carries for 8 yards

Hmm I’d guess he (or a combo) will pass between 25-30 times, and we will rush 40-45 times.

18/25 225
3 TD 0 INT

Passing: 15/22, 202 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT

Rushing: 4 carries, 12 yards (no more than absolutely necessary, please)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12/17 for 187 yards 1 TD 1 INT

3 carries for 16 yards.

I think we are going to do just enough to win handedly. I am expecting run heavy O that bleeds the clock out with a few passes to keep them honest and keep the playbook tight to the chest.

Fleck will want there to be a strong passing game to set the rhythm for the season.

14 of 20 2 TD 1 Int
2 carries 14 yards 1 TD

Completions / Attempts - Yards - TD's / Ints. --- Carries, yards rushing.
11/16 - 143 yards - 1/1 --- 7 carries for 36 yards.

I have a feeling we're going to run until SDSU proves they can stop us - which won't happen. 300+ yards of rushing.

If Morgan has to throw more than 20 times, the run game and defense aren't getting it done!

11/13 for 241 2 TDs no picks and 4 for 19. He'll also have a catch for 11.

Last edited:

He will not "have to." I hope he gets to as he hones the passing game early. There are games on the schedule we may need a strong passing game to stay undefeated.

I’m surprised people have the attempts number so low. Annexstad threw the ball 33 times in the opener last year and I could see similar this year with SDSU being so inexperienced in the secondary. If the staff can afford it, I think they’ll do what they can to keep Rodney and Mo fresh as possible until conference play and they’ll want the passing game clicking before heading out to Fresno.

My guess is Morgan’s line looks something like 23-30 310 yards 3 TDs

I’m surprised people have the attempts number so low. Annexstad threw the ball 33 times in the opener last year and I could see similar this year with SDSU being so inexperienced in the secondary. If the staff can afford it, I think they’ll do what they can to keep Rodney and Mo fresh as possible until conference play and they’ll want the passing game clicking before heading out to Fresno.

I think the assumption is we get ahead and then just run it out.

Having said that, I agree, our new offense throws when otherwise we didn't in previous years.

If we win:
23/31 278 4 TDs

If we lose: 7/16 153 1TD 1 INT

Open it up and take the top off the defense to win. Win is not guaranteed. Play conservative and tight and they might steal one.

I think he is sitting by early in 4th. 10-15 138 2 TD.

1-7, 7 yards, 1 INT

Tanner Morgan Game Log Last year:

GA Tech - 7/13 for 132
Wisconsin - 9/16 for 124
Purdue - 10/18 for 139

Wonder if we get a big lead and Cole Kramer gets a series.

5 of those 13 pass attempts against GT were deep shots. 3 were complete...2 for TDs to TJ, and the third one was a TD to CAB that was incorrectly called out at the 4 yard line, and resulted in a Mo TD run on the next play.

My point is the formula worked. I don’t expect him to throw a lot, but there will likely be a fair number of deep shots, to keep SDSU from crowding the box. Plus, they have an inexperienced secondary.

Tanner Morgan Game Log Last year:

GA Tech - 7/13 for 132
Wisconsin - 9/16 for 124
Purdue - 10/18 for 139

Wonder if we get a big lead and Cole Kramer gets a series.

You didn’t include vs Indiana 17/24 for 302. Interesting.

The least number of attempts vs the non conference opponents was 25. If they feel the need to kill clock and protect the lead vs SDSU I’m going to be slightly concerned. Yes, it could happen if the defense lays an egg but I’m choosing to be optimistic until evidence indicates otherwise.

Top Bottom