Jason’s Top 6 Restaurants for Gopher Tailgate Food

The hell is a Luchador?

Is that like a troubadour?

A matador?

Anyway it would be nice if this list had ... more words as to why these places were chosen.

The hell is a Luchador?

Is that like a troubadour?

A matador?

Anyway it would be nice if this list had ... more words as to why these places were chosen.

Luchador is "a person who competes in lucha libre wrestling."

The bar is great — lots of retro wrestling memorabilia and even vintage matches on their TVs. Grab a pitcher of margaritas.

Luchador is "a person who competes in lucha libre wrestling."

The bar is great — lots of retro wrestling memorabilia and even vintage matches on their TVs. Grab a pitcher of margaritas.

It's a cool place, their game day atmosphere is a bit mehe. When it was campus pizza it's where families congregated

Punch Pizza is still standing right? If so this list failed.

No mention of Al's Breakfast or Annie's?

A moment of silence for Big Ten Subs seems in order here.

Shuang Cheng in Dinkytown is where I actually go the most on game days.

My college aged kids swear by Afro Deli.
We are hitting up Kramarczuk's before the game now since East River Flats is not an option.

My college aged kids swear by Afro Deli.
We are hitting up Kramarczuk's before the game now since East River Flats is not an option.

Do they stand by Brueggger's and just yell sh!t, f&%# or do they stand across the street and yell those words? :cool:

Go Gophers!!

The former Sporty's Bar, at 23rd and Como is reopening sometime soon as the Como Tap.

I usually tried to stop in there before and after, or at least after most games....

The former owner never did anything to promote a game day crowd there, the new ones may see otherwise. 11:00 game times didn't work as they didn't open until 11... The new ownership will be opening at 10.

I will vouch for the Afro Deli and also that Tea House has great Chinese food. Not sure about Game Day at either but the food is legit. Went to Afro Deli several times with our daughter. Tea House is a family favorite and if you show up on Game Day your money will still work I am sure.

My list:

Surly
Canes
Tony’s - great breakfast spot for the 11:00 games
BWW - outdoors only
The Hole

The former Sporty's Bar, at 23rd and Como is reopening sometime soon as the Como Tap.

I usually tried to stop in there before and after, or at least after most games....

The former owner never did anything to promote a game day crowd there, the new ones may see otherwise. 11:00 game times didn't work as they didn't open until 11... The new ownership will be opening at 10.

Manning's or Blue door! I assume it's the Blue Plate group opening Como Tap.

I'm glad Stub & Herbs is still around.

Manning's or Blue door! I assume it's the Blue Plate group opening Como Tap.

Joe Radaich, the building's owner who also ran Sporty's for ~20 years, is opening the Como Tap.

I must be weird, but I always hit one of the two Korean places close to the stadium. Great spicy food and quick and friendly service. I’m usually one of only a few pale faced eaters in the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom