What do you predict the actual in-game attendance will be for Gophers/SDSU game?

What do you predict the actual in-game attendance will be for Gophers/SDSU?

• 46,000+

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • 42,000 - 45,999

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • 38,000 - 41,999

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • 35,000 - 38,999

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Less than 35,000

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
The season opener is here! How many actual butts in seats will there be?

At least two that I know of for sure

I'll guess 42,005.

I think SDSU might travel some fans who want to group the trip with a trip to the fair.

Plus the student section will be packed like always on the first game and they sold 7,000 tickets during that flash sale. And with nice weather I think it will be pretty full.

I'm in for 2

Tried to get 2 others to go, no dice

I'm in for 2

Tried to get 2 others to go, no dice

At least two that I know of for sure

R1fdEt3.gif

Tickets scanned: 35-40k.

By the way, is there anywhere that shows this tickets scanned statistic? Someone posted an article that referenced it for a game, but I’ve not seen that information publicly available.

Tickets scanned: 35-40k.

By the way, is there anywhere that shows this tickets scanned statistic? Someone posted an article that referenced it for a game, but I’ve not seen that information publicly available.
Who cares about tickets scanned? Tickets sold all that counts. Report this morning said 46500 have sold!

I’m planning on tailgating for a couple of hours...watching football for a couple of hours...and then going home for a couple of hours.

The question above for this survey is how many tickets will be scanned. It seems like tickets purchased is always easy to find but tickets scanned can be difficult to dig up. So, I wonder if we won't know what survey answer turns out to be right, for a while at least.

Not only are the two things (tickets scanned / tickets purchased) commonly confused with each other, but they are often assumed to be one or the other when third terms like "attendance" are used.

I’m planning on tailgating for a couple of hours...watching football for a couple of hours...and then going home for a couple of hours.

I'm starting @ 4pm. Will be taking Uber home!

I will be at a high school football game. In SW MN, a lot of the 9-man teams are playing on Thursday.

SDSU will bring some fans. But, if it was NDSU, people would be scalping tickets for higher than face value. Those folks travel.

My butts-in-seats guess is just shy of 40,000 - maybe 39,500 or in that range.

I will be at a high school football game. In SW MN, a lot of the 9-man teams are playing on Thursday.

SDSU will bring some fans. But, if it was NDSU, people would be scalping tickets for higher than face value. Those folks travel.

My butts-in-seats guess is just shy of 40,000 - maybe 39,500 or in that range.

I wouldn't object to NDSU on schedule, I just worry their fans would get in their head we're some sort of rival

I wouldn't object to NDSU on schedule, I just worry their fans would get in their head we're some sort of rival

Good zinger there! Can I use that with my Bison friends? :drink: 42,000

Last edited:

Not as bad as people think. It’s a night game, summer weather, and the opener of a season folks are relatively excited for.

Apparently they are expecting to sell over 48,000.

I don't know what the scanned attendance will be though.

Wife and I do the same thing every year. Late lunch @ Runyon's, get to campus, park, bars/tailgate. Tough year with an 8pm kickoff. Will likely get in early and take advantage of the happy hour specials.

Wife and I do the same thing every year. Late lunch @ Runyon's, get to campus, park, bars/tailgate. Tough year with an 8pm kickoff. Will likely get in early and take advantage of the happy hour specials.

Yeah, we'll probably check out gopher hour, instead of our normal arrive just few minutes prior to kickoff

Been excited since the Purdue game last year. 27 more hours to go! Will be there with my daughter sporting our Maroon and Gold attire. Hope to see shiny Gold Helmets under the light!

Apparently they are expecting to sell over 48,000.

I don't know what the scanned attendance will be though.

Assume they count the 3-4K given to Freshmen for this game. So 45K actual sold. Hope I'm wrong, but I expect at least 5-7K no-shows for all the usual reasons...opponent, late start, State Fair, etc. 35-37K in the stadium.

Assume they count the 3-4K given to Freshmen for this game. So 45K actual sold. Hope I'm wrong, but I expect at least 5-7K no-shows for all the usual reasons...opponent, late start, State Fair, etc. 35-37K in the stadium.

So you’re saying the same lame excuses as every year.

It's going to be good, I really feel like it's going to be good..

Hopefully it will be a good number given the preseason expectations, how we finished last year, and the ticket push. Hopefully this leads them to do more of the $10 tickets to get the Bank full the rest of the season

What’s capacity now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow 1693 tickets from a sell out...won't repeat that for GSU...especially if we play fresno like we did SDSU

Top Bottom