Ranking All 83 Games in Week 1 (28. South Dakota State at Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon:

28. South Dakota State at Minnesota (Thursday)

South Dakota State opens the campaign ranked third in Athlon's FCS Preseason Power Poll, so this is a dangerous matchup for Minnesota. After winning four out of their last six games in 2018, the Golden Gophers are a trendy sleeper pick to win the Big Ten West Division. Receiver Tyler Johnson might be one of the most underrated players in college football, but quarterback play is under the spotlight after Zack Annexstad was lost for the year, giving the starting job back to Tanner Morgan.

Prediction: Minnesota

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-football-ranking-all-83-games-week-1-2019

Go Gophers!!

per Athlon:

28. South Dakota State at Minnesota (Thursday)

South Dakota State opens the campaign ranked third in Athlon's FCS Preseason Power Poll, so this is a dangerous matchup for Minnesota. After winning four out of their last six games in 2018, the Golden Gophers are a trendy sleeper pick to win the Big Ten West Division. Receiver Tyler Johnson might be one of the most underrated players in college football, but quarterback play is under the spotlight after Zack Annexstad was lost for the year, giving the starting job back to Tanner Morgan.

Prediction: Minnesota

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-football-ranking-all-83-games-week-1-2019

Go Gophers!!

SDSU is a dangerous team to start out with for a lot of reasons. They are always well developed, well prepared and not afraid of any environment. Will take advantage of turnovers.

With that being said, as long as the Gophers dont have a blunder of turnovers or a meltdown on defense, the win should be pretty convincing by the end. I think the Jacks play tough in the first half and have a couple scores but I predict the second half depth will grind the Jacks down and the running lanes will open up completely.

If i had a box score prediction of how this game goes:

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
Jacks 7 3 3 7
Gophers 10 7 14 14

Jacks 20
Gophers 45

GBR

There is no way SDSU can hold up against our offensive line. Look for the Gophers to run the Jackrabbits into submission.

Top Bottom