Week 1 (not week zero) - Other Games Threads

Just turning on this Fresno game. Is USC that good for Fresno not as advertised?

Hopefully Martin starting will keep their mobile quarterback in check, if not I can see him breaking off some runs if our d-line still isn't getting much of a push.

Yeah, he’s definitely mobile and has a decently live arm. The boys will need to be on their game.

Gotta love real grass on those white unis.

FSU has been outplaying them for the last few minutes. If the trend continues, they can win this game. I can see them providing a stiff challenge for the Gophers.

FSU has been outplaying them for the last few minutes. If the trend continues, they can win this game. I can see them providing a stiff challenge for the Gophers.

And as I say that, USC moves right down the field...

That was as bad an Int by the USC QB as you’ll ever see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you can run against FSU...
Maybe we'll move the ball (so long as SS is on the sideline)

I don't know if I should worry more about if Fresno is bad vs. the run or not ... or if we can run.

Schlueter did well on the last series when we scored the touchdown, granted it was only 3 or 4 plays. I am still holding out hope that he gets everything figured out.

I don't know if I should worry more about if Fresno is bad vs. the run or not ... or if we can run.

USC might be able to run on them because of their Air-Raid offense.

Fresno maybe plays us more straight up.

USC QB is hurt after a sack.

Fresno is able to bring pressure.

We'll have to run it down their throat, ball-control style to win.

That doesn’t look good for the USC QB. Could be a season ender.

The Fresno QB is a knee injury waiting to happen, the way he plays.

Wow. What a horrible turn of events that play might end up being for USC in this game, as well as in their season. They lose the review, possession of the ball (which probably took points off the board), and maybe their starting QB for the rest of the season.

Schlueter blocked really well at the end of his game and dominated his man. Go back and watch him on our last possession.

Both of these teams have left a lot of points on the table.

As I was typing that, USC turned it over again. Is that 4 turnovers now? Fresno needs to capitalize on some of those to have a chance.

Schlueter blocked really well at the end of his game and dominated his man. Go back and watch him on our last possession.

Need him to do it in the beginning and middle of the game too. All it takes is one missed block to get Morgan killed.

Nebraska reversed all expectations: offense weak (two yards a carry running), but defense played well and scored more than the offense.

A bit late to the conversation but I was catching up on highlights. This opening weekend, especially the Iowa State game, gave me the total Any Given Saturday type vibe. With that in mind, the results from the SDSU vs Minn game was a bit easier to absorb. The Gophers didn't play perfect, but good football teams, even at a different level, can put up a good fight. The next game is unknown but I think the Gophers will be alright.

Anyone see a scheduled replay coming up the next 72 hrs? I'm riding out Hurricane Dorian and have some free time, sooo....

Louisville and Notre Dame in a good one 14-14.

Go Cards!

Watching the Louisville-ND game, and they introduced Tutu Atwell at WR for Louisville. Yup, it's the son of former Gopher Tutu Atwell. Not a big kid, but quick. Had a chance to catch a ball for a TD, but bobbled it and it was ruled incomplete.

Watching the Louisville-ND game, and they introduced Tutu Atwell at WR for Louisville. Yup, it's the son of former Gopher Tutu Atwell. Not a big kid, but quick. Had a chance to catch a ball for a TD, but bobbled it and it was ruled incomplete.
I was just going to post about him. A speedster. We didn't offer it appears. Was a dual threat QB in high school.

Top Bottom