West Plaza Gopher Hour, New Concession Items and TVs Highlight Fan Enhancements

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

The University of Minnesota announced today several enhancements for fans in advance of the upcoming football season at TCF Bank Stadium. Minnesota opens the year against South Dakota State at 8 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 29 and tickets are still available.

Gameday Gopher Hour
● Lower priced pre-game food and drink specials on the West Plaza of TCF Bank Stadium during the first hour that gates are open for all seven home games.
● The first Gopher Hour will take place on Thursday, Aug. 29 when Minnesota hosts South Dakota State and will be expanded to two hours (5:30 – 7:30 p.m.) with Gate A opening early at 5:30 p.m.
● Fans will be able to purchase $2 hot dogs, $4 popcorn, $5 beer and $6 wine during the Gopher Hour.

Gopher Pass
● Innovative mobile pass for all seven home games at TCF Bank Stadium.
● Watch all seven home games for a total of $199.96, which is $28 a game.

TCF Bank Stadium Facility Enhancement
● New televisions were added throughout TCF Bank Stadium.
● New state-of-the-art turf installed at TCF Bank Stadium with bold, prominent branding that also features a return to the Maroon end zones with Gold Minnesota lettering

New Concessions Items
● Flat Top Gourmet Burgers: cheese curd burger, chicken tender grilled cheese, sidewinder fry nachos, elite chicken tenders
● Relish: foot long philly cheese steak dog, foot long mac & cheese dog
● Northern Taco: burrito bowl
● Scoop'd: H.Y.P.R.R cupcakes and cookies, edible cookie dough
● Goldy's Grill: Hormel fontanini bratwurst
● DQ Club Room: Hormel fontanini brat with pierogi, poutine dog, smoky vegan carrot dog, Chicago dog, foot long chili cheese dog

Innovative Concessions Concepts
● "Row n' Go": self-service portable stand near section 138. Easily grab beer, soda, snacks, etc. and check-out with the attendant at the kiosk.
● $2/$4 Student Stand by Monster: Exclusive student pricing near section 125 only available by showing a student ID. All items are either $2 or $4 -- $2 Coke products and hot dogs. $4: candy, popcorn, Monster

Ticketing Accounting Management Features
● Through a new partnership with Paciolan, fans can take advantage of numerous account management enhancements including digital tickets to enter TCF Bank Stadium.
● Enhanced features to transfer tickets, utilize mobile tickets for entering the stadium, easily post to secondary market and more.

Parking
● Implementation of digital parking passes that can be transferred through account management functionality in addition to added tailgate spaces in the Victory Lot and Gateway Lot.
● Passes still available to purchase

Gopher Garden Additions
● Relocated Gopher Spirit Rally featuring the Pride of Minnesota Marching Band and the Gopher Spirit Squad to 3M Arena at Mariucci patio approximately one hour prior to kickoff.
● New food and beverage options each game outside 3M Arena at Mariucci at Gopher Garden.
● The pre-game fan location for Gopher fans. Enjoy the Gopher pre-game radio show presented by Cub and Fleet Farm, activities for fans of all ages, giveaways and more.

Indoor Tailgates
● Expanded pre-game entertainment opportunities inside Maturi Pavilion for the Penn State (Nov. 9) and Wisconsin (Nov. 30) games.
● Food and beverages available for purchase, watch other games on the videoboard, music and more.

Good stuff. I like it.

I do hope with the new foods they take weather into consideration. Some foods at the open end of the stadium did not hold up well in the cold weather...

Anyway I complain a lot about the athletic department not trying stuff, but they really have done a lot this year.

This is great. The pre-game Gopher hour thing is awesome. I sometimes go in early to watch warm-ups (I have a very interesting life) and like to have beers at the game. Might as well make it cheaper for me.

Good work athletic department. AT LEAST THEY ARE TRYING

This is great. The pre-game Gopher hour thing is awesome. I sometimes go in early to watch warm-ups (I have a very interesting life) and like to have beers at the game. Might as well make it cheaper for me.

Good work athletic department. AT LEAST THEY ARE TRYING

Exactly! This is Coyle and the athletic dept showing some effort and creativity on their part. Changing their best, and hopefully they learn what works and what doesn't as they go forward.

Love this. No idea how much of it will work, but love that they are trying. Especially like rewarding students for staying.

I do wish they'd offer some scotch ... wine is ok but let's get some better options.

Love this. No idea how much of it will work, but love that they are trying. Especially like rewarding students for staying.

It started with the scholarships they hand out late in the 4th quarter, I could see that they were trying to get students in early and keep them there for the game.
Cool to see the new app that allows them to earn points for staying for the entire game. Creative approach that just might convert the young students to become lifelong fans.

The University of Minnesota announced today several enhancements for fans in advance of the upcoming football season at TCF Bank Stadium. Minnesota opens the year against South Dakota State at 8 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 29 and tickets are still available.

Gameday Gopher Hour
● Lower priced pre-game food and drink specials on the West Plaza of TCF Bank Stadium during the first hour that gates are open for all seven home games.
● The first Gopher Hour will take place on Thursday, Aug. 29 when Minnesota hosts South Dakota State and will be expanded to two hours (5:30 – 7:30 p.m.) with Gate A opening early at 5:30 p.m.
● Fans will be able to purchase $2 hot dogs, $4 popcorn, $5 beer and $6 wine during the Gopher Hour.

Gopher Pass
● Innovative mobile pass for all seven home games at TCF Bank Stadium.
● Watch all seven home games for a total of $199.96, which is $28 a game.

TCF Bank Stadium Facility Enhancement
● New televisions were added throughout TCF Bank Stadium.
● New state-of-the-art turf installed at TCF Bank Stadium with bold, prominent branding that also features a return to the Maroon end zones with Gold Minnesota lettering

New Concessions Items
● Flat Top Gourmet Burgers: cheese curd burger, chicken tender grilled cheese, sidewinder fry nachos, elite chicken tenders
● Relish: foot long philly cheese steak dog, foot long mac & cheese dog
● Northern Taco: burrito bowl
● Scoop'd: H.Y.P.R.R cupcakes and cookies, edible cookie dough
● Goldy's Grill: Hormel fontanini bratwurst
● DQ Club Room: Hormel fontanini brat with pierogi, poutine dog, smoky vegan carrot dog, Chicago dog, foot long chili cheese dog

Innovative Concessions Concepts
● "Row n' Go": self-service portable stand near section 138. Easily grab beer, soda, snacks, etc. and check-out with the attendant at the kiosk.
● $2/$4 Student Stand by Monster: Exclusive student pricing near section 125 only available by showing a student ID. All items are either $2 or $4 -- $2 Coke products and hot dogs. $4: candy, popcorn, Monster

Ticketing Accounting Management Features
● Through a new partnership with Paciolan, fans can take advantage of numerous account management enhancements including digital tickets to enter TCF Bank Stadium.
● Enhanced features to transfer tickets, utilize mobile tickets for entering the stadium, easily post to secondary market and more.

Parking
● Implementation of digital parking passes that can be transferred through account management functionality in addition to added tailgate spaces in the Victory Lot and Gateway Lot.
● Passes still available to purchase

Gopher Garden Additions
● Relocated Gopher Spirit Rally featuring the Pride of Minnesota Marching Band and the Gopher Spirit Squad to 3M Arena at Mariucci patio approximately one hour prior to kickoff.
● New food and beverage options each game outside 3M Arena at Mariucci at Gopher Garden.
● The pre-game fan location for Gopher fans. Enjoy the Gopher pre-game radio show presented by Cub and Fleet Farm, activities for fans of all ages, giveaways and more.

Indoor Tailgates
● Expanded pre-game entertainment opportunities inside Maturi Pavilion for the Penn State (Nov. 9) and Wisconsin (Nov. 30) games.
● Food and beverages available for purchase, watch other games on the videoboard, music and more.

Kudos to the U! We have options

So they moved the Band and Spirit Squad spirit rally back to its original location? Can't say I'm surprised, it was cramped on tribal nations plaza.

Also love the Gopher Hour. Hopefully it means more people in their seats to watch the Band pregame performance!

So they moved the Band and Spirit Squad spirit rally back to its original location? Can't say I'm surprised, it was cramped on tribal nations plaza.

Also love the Gopher Hour. Hopefully it means more people in their seats to watch the Band pregame performance!

Yeah it was strange there ... hard to see.

Like others have mentioned. Nice job of offering new items, value and extra incentives to not only attend but arrive earlier.

Yeah...wish they would have considered the grassy area outside the Alum Center. Maybe they could face Mariucci when performing on Oak St to open up more space for fans?

Kudos to Mark Coyle and the Athletic Department for listening to the voice of the customer.

They are making every effort to improve the fan experience.

I love the effort. It's almost like they are listening.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Great to see the effort. Nothing but good news here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the $5 beers they offer? Decent pints, or just short cans of domestics like Target Field?

What are the $5 beers they offer? Decent pints, or just short cans of domestics like Target Field?

they are 16oz., limited selection. there has been only one vendor for this so the line is quite a bit longer.

I tried this before the first game but as Clark mentioned, only 1 vendor has the discounted beers and the line was extremely long so I gave up and haven't been back. I appreciate the effort but if it takes over 30 min in line to get a beer then it defeats the purpose, IMHO.

Top Bottom