STrib: Redshirts pending

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Megan:

Redshirts pending

Potts and Wiley likely won’t be the only first-year players taking advantage of those four free games. While last year Zack Annexstad was an obvious redshirt pull as starting quarterback, Fleck said there isn’t a situation like that this time.

“Being able to play a lot of people in game one’s important to me,” Fleck said. “If we feel like they can play. And I think that’s the way we’ve got to get them experience, no matter what. It doesn’t matter who you play, doesn’t matter who your opponent is or where you are. We had success with that last year. And that’s a philosophy that I want to continue to have.”

Fleck said it was too early to tell whether someone like much-heralded cornerback recruit Tyler Nubin could forgo a redshirt year. But if Nubin shows he can handle the college atmosphere, he could follow in the footsteps of someone like offensive lineman Daniel Faalele, who Fleck planned to redshirt last year but ended up not.

http://www.startribune.com/coach-p-...-of-his-running-backs/558243222/?refresh=true

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom