Pat Forde-yard Dash: Minnesota will be undefeated going into November

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
"Minnesota, Iowa State and Missouri (2) will all be undefeated going into November. The first College Football Playoff rankings will be released on Nov. 5. Are you ready for the Gophers, Cyclones and Tigers to all be in the top 10, and perhaps even one or two of them in the top five? Because it says right here that’s going to happen, before reality arrives like a fence post swung by Buford Pusser the following Saturday.

Minnesota, with an abundance of returning experience, will be 8-0 after playing South Dakota State, at Fresno State, Georgia Southern, at Purdue, Illinois, Nebraska, at Rutgers and Maryland. Then comes a visit from Penn State that will draw a lot of attention."

https://sports.yahoo.com/forde-yard...ns-and-4-picks-for-the-playoff-041102253.html

"Minnesota, Iowa State and Missouri (2) will all be undefeated going into November. The first College Football Playoff rankings will be released on Nov. 5. Are you ready for the Gophers, Cyclones and Tigers to all be in the top 10, and perhaps even one or two of them in the top five? Because it says right here that’s going to happen, before reality arrives like a fence post swung by Buford Pusser the following Saturday.

Minnesota, with an abundance of returning experience, will be 8-0 after playing South Dakota State, at Fresno State, Georgia Southern, at Purdue, Illinois, Nebraska, at Rutgers and Maryland. Then comes a visit from Penn State that will draw a lot of attention."

https://sports.yahoo.com/forde-yard...ns-and-4-picks-for-the-playoff-041102253.html

I thought we were the 2nd youngest team.

The body is ready.

Pat Forde is not afraid to be a legend.

I thought we were the 2nd youngest team.

Yes. I heard PJ say last week (I think on The PJ Fleck show - ch 9) that we were the youngest each of the <b>last 2 years </b>and 2nd youngest this year. Not sure how that is all possible, but must be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you have the BTN that thinks MN will finish 6th in the West. That means BTN is probably projecting losses to AT LEAST Purdue and Nebraska, and probably 2-3 others in the first 8 games.

Pat Forde: Six suitably weird predictions for 2019 season

https://sports.yahoo.com/forde-yard-dash-6-weird-predictions-and-4-picks-for-the-playoff-041102253.html

MOTHER. OF. GOD.

I expect a minimum of 6-2 in the first eight games. Even that is a great start.

It’s just the brutal last four.

Pat Forde has changed his best and is not afraid to be a nekton.

Then comes a visit from Penn State that will draw a lot of attention."

I’ve been saying since February that this game will prove to be the most hyped game in the modern history of Gopher football and will also break the GameDay drought. Glad someone nationally sees it coming :)

As we all know, Minnesota has been no where near a consensus media darling since the 60's.

I've not been running a tally, but a fair number of prognosticators have been high on what they think is possible for this team. It's nice that some are actually paying attention and not making the typical broad assumptions.

I’ve been saying since February that this game will prove to be the most hyped game in the modern history of Gopher football and will also break the GameDay drought. Glad someone nationally sees it coming :)
Assuming his prediction is true
Why would game day come to watch a 2-3 loss Penn state team play Minnesota when LSU plays Bama and unbeaten Iowa State plays Oklahoma

Assuming his prediction is true
Why would game day come to watch a 2-3 loss Penn state team play Minnesota when LSU plays Bama and unbeaten Iowa State plays Oklahoma

Dude you just killed my buzz worse than when my mom and dad walked in on me having a party when I was in high school at the house when they were supposed to still be on vacation!

There's little chance that this year's Gophers squad will be as good as the 2003 Gophers squad, and virtually zero chance that this year's Penn St. team will be as good as the 2003 Michigan squad. I don't think Penn St. will even be good - maybe 7-8 wins if they're lucky.

That’s awesome.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom