It's game week. How hot is your Chili?

First Game of 2019 Heat Index. How Hot is your chili (etc.) for this game?

• Nuke Reactor Hot!!!!!

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • Very Hot!!!!

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Hot!!!

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Warm

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I've cooled on them cold

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

STPGopher

Reaction score
It's game week. The first game of 2019. How hot is your Chili?

1. Nuke Reactor Hot!!!!!
  2. Very Hot!!!!
  3. Hot!!!
  4. Warm
  5. I've cooled on them cold

But then I always feel that way at the start of the season, even when way less optimistic.

I'm basically in a run the clock situation until thursday.

Feels like forever away

I'm basically in a run the clock situation until thursday.

Feels like forever away

Funny. That was my thought this morning. I know it's non-conference, but the game can't start soon enough.

I'm excited for Gopher football but trying to avoid channeling any echoes of Tim Brewster going into 2019.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Some have characterized me as being at a 3.6 roentgen (not great, not terrible) but in reality this is because they only measure to that level. My level of excitement is much, much higher than that. People just won't admit it.

4. I think it gets hot right before kickoff and the back to warm...an excited warm, but warm. Moves to Hot if Gophs are 3-0 starting the conference games. Very Hot if 5-0 for Nebby. Nuclear Hot if 8-0 for PSU.

You want some, You gotta give some...Hot!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm excited for Gopher football but trying to avoid channeling any echoes of Tim Brewster going into 2019.

Brewster was a failure, but I'll always enjoy getting my chili hot

Brewster was a failure, but I'll always enjoy getting my chili hot
Agree! Brewster made it okay to dream big. To want championships. I loved all of the great things Mason did, but the know your role routine started to bother me toward the end. I felt that the program could do better.

With that said, my chili is very hot. I am looking forward to it getting Chernobyl hot!

Agree! Brewster made it okay to dream big. To want championships. I loved all of the great things Mason did, but the know your role routine started to bother me toward the end. I felt that the program could do better.

With that said, my chili is very hot. I am looking forward to it getting Chernobyl hot!

I suspect Brewster's reputation has generally recovered slightly because:

1. Time.

2. Hasn't had anything bad to say about the U or anyone at it since he left.....

I'd take him back as a TE coach / crooter in a heartbeat.

tenor.gif

The only thing dampening my enthusiasm for the opener is the fact that it is a late one, with a work day looming the next morning... Let's just say, I will be unable to enjoy it in my usual "all out" fashion...

The only thing dampening my enthusiasm for the opener is the fact that it is a late one, with a work day looming the next morning... Let's just say, I will be unable to enjoy it in my usual "all out" fashion...

why I took friday off. Turned it into 4 day weekend

I suspect Brewster's reputation has generally recovered slightly because:

1. Time.

2. Hasn't had anything bad to say about the U or anyone at it since he left.....

I'd take him back as a TE coach / crooter in a heartbeat.

I would not

I typically make the Gopher opener on Thursday night part of a 5 day weekend. I take Thurs Fri off and Mon is Labor Day. Go early, hit a bar or two mid afternoon, then to tailgate lot, then to game, then home to absorb all the other game results and relive the Gopher victory well into the weee hours. Followed by a Friday where I get up when I feel like it and then head to the cabin for a long weekend of both lake and college football viewing on TV. It has become a fun annual tradition for me. Glad the Gopher opener has moved to Thurs nights but if my memory serves me we have a traditional Saturday or two coming up for openers in upcoming seasons.

Some have characterized me as being at a 3.6 roentgen (not great, not terrible) but in reality this is because they only measure to that level. My level of excitement is much, much higher than that. People just won't admit it.

+1 for the reference. Need to keep water flowing to the core.

According to Brew, if you want some you gotta bring some. I’m bringing a whole lot of chili on Thursday.

I typically make the Gopher opener on Thursday night part of a 5 day weekend. I take Thurs Fri off and Mon is Labor Day. Go early, hit a bar or two mid afternoon, then to tailgate lot, then to game, then home to absorb all the other game results and relive the Gopher victory well into the weee hours. Followed by a Friday where I get up when I feel like it and then head to the cabin for a long weekend of both lake and college football viewing on TV. It has become a fun annual tradition for me. Glad the Gopher opener has moved to Thurs nights but if my memory serves me we have a traditional Saturday or two coming up for openers in upcoming seasons.

Ditto on the long weekend. Half day workday Thursday for me. I'll take in the Fair Sat or Sunday as part of the long weekend.

+1 for the reference. Need to keep water flowing to the core.

According to Brew, if you want some you gotta bring some. I’m bringing a whole lot of chili on Thursday.

good, because I'm not just hungry, I'm starving

I'd just like to add that the Chili on a cold football day is like the best thing to get at TCF.... it's hot.

Fool me once - shame on you.
Fool me 50 years, geez I’m frickin’ sucker.
Just.Win.The.West.
Please!

Top Bottom