• Astros

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Twins will not make the postseason

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Angry

Reaction score
Who would you rather play?

I voted yankees. I think the Astros pitching is too good and our team consistently gets bogged down by aces. I like our chances better in a bomb it out series....

Playing the Yankees, you are at least on the map.
Playing Houston, no one will care.

MLB playoffs revolve around who is playing the Yankees or Boston.
You don't want to be in the side-show.

I know Houston is better, but we will not beat the Yankees in a 5 game series.

I know Houston is better, but we will not beat the Yankees in a 5 game series.

So you'd prefer to play the better team with the reasoning we can't beat the lesser team?

They would all be difficult matchups, but I would take it a step further and vote for playing the Yankees over the Astros or the Indians.

So you'd prefer to play the better team with the reasoning we can't beat the lesser team?

The Astros have far better pitching but the Yankees have an equal or better line-up. I have zero faith in our pitching staff to hold the Yankees to even single digits at Yankee Stadium. I'll take my chances on our line-up being able to beat Houston 7-6 than trying to beat the Yankees 14-12. We also don't have the same mental block against Houston.

The Astros have far better pitching but the Yankees have an equal or better line-up. I have zero faith in our pitching staff to hold the Yankees to even single digits at Yankee Stadium. I'll take my chances on our line-up being able to beat Houston 7-6 than trying to beat the Yankees 14-12. We also don't have the same mental block against Houston.

Thanks for the explanation, I see you reasoning now.

If we win, beating the Yankees is a bigger story.

If we lose, losing to the Yankees again is a better story.

Good or bad, Yankees.

Easy choice, Yankees.

Starting pitching is similar to Twins, not good.

Don't want to face Astros for obvious reason, likely having to face Verlander twice.

Either way your path to the world series is to beat them both.

Astros have the best team in the majors (in my opinion), and quite possibly the best pitching, but anyone who's watched the Twins over the last 20 years knows that New York is our kryptonite. Like my senior year of basketball... Jordan ran away with the league, but my team beat them both times during the regular season by 10+ points. Were they a better team? Absolutely, but for whatever reason, we had their number. Until I see the Twins actually win a series at Yankee Stadium, I'll take the Astros.

Astros have the best team in the majors (in my opinion), and quite possibly the best pitching, but anyone who's watched the Twins over the last 20 years knows that New York is our kryptonite. Like my senior year of basketball... Jordan ran away with the league, but my team beat them both times during the regular season by 10+ points. Were they a better team? Absolutely, but for whatever reason, we had their number. Until I see the Twins actually win a series at Yankee Stadium, I'll take the Astros.

Plus, the Twins have shown a knack for getting to Cy Young contenders and getting shut down by struggling veterans and rookies. I'm much more confident in getting 3-4 runs off Verlander or Grienke than holding the Yankees under 10 in their bandbox

Plus, the Twins have shown a knack for getting to Cy Young contenders and getting shut down by struggling veterans and rookies. I'm much more confident in getting 3-4 runs off Verlander or Grienke than holding the Yankees under 10 in their bandbox

Houston's lineup is pretty good too though. In fact they're averaging more runs per game than the Yankees since the All-Star break.

Top Bottom