SDSU Press Conference

He did a pretty good job of building up SDSU. He’s definitely not taking them lightly, so those hoping for a vanilla offense are most likely out of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PJ likes to mention, a lot, that this team will be different than last year's team. Based upon this press conference, I felt I saw and heard a different PJ. Calmer, less hyper, a quiet confidence. Anybody agree?

PJ likes to mention, a lot, that this team will be different than last year's team. Based upon this press conference, I felt I saw and heard a different PJ. Calmer, less hyper, a quiet confidence. Anybody agree?

It seems like he’s been making an effort to curb the sloganeering, which I support wholeheartedly. With the team is fine, but the public doesn’t want to hear that all the time.

He definitely thinks very highly of Morgan. He went on and on about his intangibles.

Last edited:

Agree. He has that smile at the very end that says "we are good but I don't want to come out and say it".

He does seem a bit calmer.
He might be maturing some as a coach.

Interesting point he brought up was that he likes to get a lot of guys in their first game so they can grow upon that moment.
Curious how many freshman will get some action to get that "first" out of there way so they are better prepared when called upon in need.

Definitely sounds like Potts and Wiley both might see action this year.

He didn’t give me any red meat about being young, three scholarship seniors, etc. Nothing.

Reading between the lines I’d say yeah, this is about as positive as I’ve ever heard him. The team is maturing, they know their jobs, they have an ice cold QB that has been clutch in high stakes third down situations, outstanding skill players, an enormous and talented line to run behind, talent all over the defense. This has to feel like a big moment, like something special could happen and he’s appreciating it.

He did a pretty good job of building up SDSU. He’s definitely not taking them lightly, so those hoping for a vanilla offense are most likely out of luck.

Here is to hoping that coach Fleck takes the Glen Mason approach to non conference games. Go for the throat right away.

Top Bottom