Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 127
  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Another solid theory.
    It's on par w/ 9/11 conspiracy theories.


  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamiche View Post
    It's on par w/ 9/11 conspiracy theories.
    Agreed. 9/11 conspiracy theories, AGW hoax, Republican hot air, all roughly on the same level of validity.

    btw: Did you see Michael Mann, the scientist who concocted the "hockey stick" model showing the mass spike in temps during the industrial age...the model that the scientific "consensus" is based on, as well as the UN Climate Report & Al Gore's "an inconvenient truth", lost his lawsuit in Canadian court this week & is required to pay the defendant's legal fees? You know why he lost in court? Because Mann refused to show the data he used to come to up with his theory. Yeah science!!!

    August 25, 2019:
    Michael Mann, creator of the infamous global warming ‘hockey stick,’ loses lawsuit against climate skeptic, ordered to pay defendant’s costs
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...nts_costs.html
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

  3. #63

    Default

    Utmost hypocrite Trump: Doesn't divest from businesses. Rails against illegal immigration. Employs illegal immigrants at his businesses while him and his family employ illegal immigrants at their residencies.

    Lead by example, right?

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    Utmost hypocrite Trump: Doesn't divest from businesses. Rails against illegal immigration. Employs illegal immigrants at his businesses while him and his family employ illegal immigrants at their residencies.

    Lead by example, right?
    So you admit Obama is a hypocrite for enlarging his carbon footprint, making 10s of millions of dollars off his presidency while disparaging income success, and demonstrating that his concern about rising sea levels was bogus? We’re making some progress.

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Twisting my words.

    I was saying, in the clear context of the discussion, that we would not be able to reverse the rising sea level.

    We can prevent sea levels from rising any higher.
    Can we, though?

  6. #66

    Default

    Aside from his utter hypocrisy, I don't care how many houses he has or where he lives. It's his money, after all.

    I do find myself a little more irritated that CNN recently moved their operations so that they could be right on the coastline, despite pushing the climate alarmist agenda.

  7. #67

    Default

    Obama derangement syndrome. Honestly, a guy bought an expensive house versus “I order you to build plants in th US”. Trump is ruining conservatism and its followers are left murmuring gotchas.

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saintpaulguy View Post
    Obama derangement syndrome. Honestly, a guy bought an expensive house versus “I order you to build plants in th US”. Trump is ruining conservatism and its followers are left murmuring gotchas.
    Oh stop it. The left is going stark raving nuts on a daily basis about EVERYTHING and you point to this as derangement. Good grief. Obama said: "You didn't build that" and "he was going to make coal plants broke" to the same heads of industry. At least Trump is pro- America. That's kinda cool when you think about it. Maybe that's not cool to you. Not sure.

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Oh, please share your theory on how purchasing a 3rd mansion on the oceanfront is being climate sensitive and showing concern about rising sea levels? And please include some logic b/c the other leftocrats appear to have none.
    I honestly don't know how to have an actual conversation with you about this, because the point you're trying to make is so asinine and bogus I don't even know where to start.

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mplarson7 View Post
    I honestly don't know how to have an actual conversation with you about this, because the point you're trying to make is so asinine and bogus I don't even know where to start.
    It’s asinine to point out the hypocrisy of the words he has stated repeatedly and then chooses to ignore in his own life choices? Wow.

    This is pretty simple. Obama says what is good for thee, but not for me. Pretty much the rule for elitist leftists.

    Address any of his hypocrisy with logic. I’d love to read your rational thoughts on the subject of his criticism of income inequality while being worth well over $100M and spending on lavish luxuries of homes, vacations, etc., or reducing carbon footprints while vastly growing his, or concerns about sea levels rising while buying oceanfront property. Any of it?

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    It’s asinine to point out the hypocrisy of the words he has stated repeatedly and then chooses to ignore in his own life choices? Wow.

    This is pretty simple. Obama says what is good for thee, but not for me. Pretty much the rule for elitist leftists.

    Address any of his hypocrisy with logic. I’d love to read your rational thoughts on the subject of his criticism of income inequality while being worth well over $100M and spending on lavish luxuries of homes, vacations, etc., or reducing carbon footprints while vastly growing his, or concerns about sea levels rising while buying oceanfront property. Any of it?
    Oh. So this is about income inequality? Must be, since I don't recall Obama ever discouraging people from buying houses to "save the environment" or whatever crusade you are on. Have an obscure quote about it somewhere for me? One that hasn't been doctored to serve your purpose.

    My opinion on people spending money on a vacation home is that it is none of my business. Just as it's none of anyone's business if I do so. It's our own money to do with as we please. If you really want to do something to protect the environment, not buying a house has to be the dead bottom of the barrel.

    This is a really dumb spot for you to take a stand. You should probably make yourself scarce from this thread now to stop embarrassing yourself.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,869
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Shame on all of you for flying in airplanes, turning on your lights, driving your cars, heating or cooling your homes, and cooking your food. You emitted some carbon.

    HYPOCRITES! EVERY! SINGLE! ONE! OF! YOU!

    I AM OUTRAGED!

  13. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mplarson7 View Post
    Oh. So this is about income inequality? Must be, since I don't recall Obama ever discouraging people from buying houses to "save the environment" or whatever crusade you are on. Have an obscure quote about it somewhere for me? One that hasn't been doctored to serve your purpose.

    My opinion on people spending money on a vacation home is that it is none of my business. Just as it's none of anyone's business if I do so. It's our own money to do with as we please. If you really want to do something to protect the environment, not buying a house has to be the dead bottom of the barrel.

    This is a really dumb spot for you to take a stand. You should probably make yourself scarce from this thread now to stop embarrassing yourself.
    I guess you missed my post that stated the same. The bolded is my opinion too. That’s the hypocrisy. Obama, the leftist elites, and the Socialists are pushing the Green New Deal and radical climate change policies.

    If that is indeed your opinion, then you should be questioning your vote for any Democrat presidential candidate.

    In response to my questioning of Obama’s behavior, this link is 30 minutes old at the time of my posting. That’s how hard it is to find others questioning the hypocrisy. But sure, it’s just me making this up.

    https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/08...bon-emissions/

    Hysterical Democrats — including the 2020 presidential field — have been sounding the alarm on climate change, insisting we must dramatically cut our carbon footprint or else the world will come to an end in 12 years.

    These alarmists pushing for a massive government takeover — disguised as the Green New Deal — warn of “rising sea levels” and other doom-and-gloom environmental catastrophes to justify their $100 trillion dollar climate project. Meanwhile, they live like kings and queens, generating carbon emissions like there’s no tomorrow.

    Take the 44th president, Barack Obama. News broke last week he’s buying a mega-manse on 29 acres on Martha’s Vineyard — with a private beach and boathouse — estimated at a cool $15 million. Wait a minute! With sea levels rising, according to liberal elites, why on Earth would any progressive who isn’t a fraud buy a beach house?

    Aren’t they afraid their seaside estate will be destroyed by global warming? Apparently not.

    Yet in March this year at a speech in Vancouver, the former president urged Canada and other nations to avert a looming, manmade global warming apocalypse by shifting away from fossil fuels.

    Obama said, “It’s important for us to set an example. If two billion Chinese and Indians are burning (fossil fuels) at our pace, the planet will be literally uninhabitable.”

    Was he just blowing smoke like so many of his liberal hypocrite friends who tell us climate change is an “existential threat” while living in big houses, enjoying big yachts and private jets?

    Given the carbon emissions the Obamas will be expending to maintain their nearly 7,000-square-foot vacation home — their other $8 million dollar manse is in the D.C. area — the message is clear; minimizing one’s carbon footprint is only for the little people.


    Then there’s U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders, a millionaire one-percenter and presidential candidate who’s enjoying the benefits of capitalism while pretending to be a Democrat Socialist. Not only does the climate phony enjoy flying private jets, which burn more fuel in one trip than the average Joe burns in a year, the vociferous Green New Deal proponent is the proud owner of multiple homes.

    Hmmm … more homes means more carbon emissions polluting the planet.

    Meanwhile, these “Do as I say, not as I do Democrats” want to eliminate airplane travel for 330 million Americans, they want to take away our cars, boats and every other vehicle that runs on fossil fuels.

    Shouldn’t those who insist the world is coming to an end in the near future practice what they preach? Is leading by example too hard?


    If so, Democrats pushing the Green New Deal — or any other climate change policy — have lost the moral authority to tell Americans how to live our lives.

    It’s that simple.

  14. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    So you admit Obama is a hypocrite for enlarging his carbon footprint, making 10s of millions of dollars off his presidency while disparaging income success, and demonstrating that his concern about rising sea levels was bogus? We’re making some progress.
    Huh? I pointed out that the biggest hypocrite we've ever had as president is currently in the white house. Or possibly at one of his resorts.

  15. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    I guess you missed my post that stated the same. The bolded is my opinion too. That’s the hypocrisy. Obama, the leftist elites, and the Socialists are pushing the Green New Deal and radical climate change policies.

    If that is indeed your opinion, then you should be questioning your vote for any Democrat presidential candidate.

    In response to my questioning of Obama’s behavior, this link is 30 minutes old at the time of my posting. That’s how hard it is to find others questioning the hypocrisy. But sure, it’s just me making this up.

    https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/08...bon-emissions/

    Hysterical Democrats — including the 2020 presidential field — have been sounding the alarm on climate change, insisting we must dramatically cut our carbon footprint or else the world will come to an end in 12 years.

    These alarmists pushing for a massive government takeover — disguised as the Green New Deal — warn of “rising sea levels” and other doom-and-gloom environmental catastrophes to justify their $100 trillion dollar climate project. Meanwhile, they live like kings and queens, generating carbon emissions like there’s no tomorrow.

    Take the 44th president, Barack Obama. News broke last week he’s buying a mega-manse on 29 acres on Martha’s Vineyard — with a private beach and boathouse — estimated at a cool $15 million. Wait a minute! With sea levels rising, according to liberal elites, why on Earth would any progressive who isn’t a fraud buy a beach house?

    Aren’t they afraid their seaside estate will be destroyed by global warming? Apparently not.

    Yet in March this year at a speech in Vancouver, the former president urged Canada and other nations to avert a looming, manmade global warming apocalypse by shifting away from fossil fuels.

    Obama said, “It’s important for us to set an example. If two billion Chinese and Indians are burning (fossil fuels) at our pace, the planet will be literally uninhabitable.”

    Was he just blowing smoke like so many of his liberal hypocrite friends who tell us climate change is an “existential threat” while living in big houses, enjoying big yachts and private jets?

    Given the carbon emissions the Obamas will be expending to maintain their nearly 7,000-square-foot vacation home — their other $8 million dollar manse is in the D.C. area — the message is clear; minimizing one’s carbon footprint is only for the little people.


    Then there’s U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders, a millionaire one-percenter and presidential candidate who’s enjoying the benefits of capitalism while pretending to be a Democrat Socialist. Not only does the climate phony enjoy flying private jets, which burn more fuel in one trip than the average Joe burns in a year, the vociferous Green New Deal proponent is the proud owner of multiple homes.

    Hmmm … more homes means more carbon emissions polluting the planet.

    Meanwhile, these “Do as I say, not as I do Democrats” want to eliminate airplane travel for 330 million Americans, they want to take away our cars, boats and every other vehicle that runs on fossil fuels.

    Shouldn’t those who insist the world is coming to an end in the near future practice what they preach? Is leading by example too hard?


    If so, Democrats pushing the Green New Deal — or any other climate change policy — have lost the moral authority to tell Americans how to live our lives.

    It’s that simple.
    So they are hypocrites for doing something they didn't say was bad.

    Duly noted. Any more of your stupidity you would like the board to read?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •