Andrew Luck has informed the Colts he is retiring from NFL

Surprised, but not shocked. Luck's a weird guy by all accounts, but also a smart guy.

I was shocked by this. Dude is giving up possibly hundreds of millions of dollars. Hundreds?

I was shocked by this. Dude is giving up possibly hundreds of millions of dollars. Hundreds?

Yes - depending how long he wanted to continue playing, he could've easily made an additional $200M or more. He would've made about $45M over the next two years under his current deal, and then would've been in line for $30M+ per year for at least a 5- or 6-year term.

Yes - depending how long he wanted to continue playing, he could've easily made an additional $200M or more. He would've made about $45M over the next two years under his current deal, and then would've been in line for $30M+ per year for at least a 5- or 6-year term.

The "hundreds?" is a KFAN joke. He could have easily made $200-$300 million dollars if not more with the direction QB contracts are going.

I don't necessarily buy into the conspiracy theories going on about the XFL but I would not be shocked if he decided to play football again in a couple years.

He said he has had 4 years of injury, recovery and pain. He emphasized the pain of recovery as the main reason he is retiring. Money isn't that valuable if you can't enjoy it.

He said he has had 4 years of injury, recovery and pain. He emphasized the pain of recovery as the main reason he is retiring. Money isn't that valuable if you can't enjoy it.

I think I could put up with a lot of pain for a few hundred million dollars.

There's only so much wealth a man needs, and guessing he has plenty. Good for him, having the guts to quit while you're still ahead.

Hopefully one of my favorite twitter accounts, Captain Andrew Luck, doesn't retire as well.

He did what he wanted to do. He didn't even owe us an explanation why.

Top Bottom