Fleck on which players could surprise: Keonte Schad, Noah Hickcox

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

JOTTINGS

• Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck on which players could surprise heading into the season opener Thursday against South Dakota State: “I would probably say Keonte Schad, one of our 3 techniques [defensive linemen] has really emerged. Noah Hickcox has had a really good camp on the D-line. I think the D-line in general has really improved.”

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-adam-thielen-driven-by-victories-not-statistics/558145652/

Go Gophers!!

I'm still sore from the bowl season Jerry Kill talked about how he was excited about the WRs and the next season.... nothing.

But man if the DL suddenly blew up (in a positive way) this team could do some great stuff.

Last edited:

I'm still sore from the bowl season Jerry Kill talked about how he was excited about the Wars and the next season.... nothing.

But man if the DL suddenly blew up (in a positive way) this team could do some great stuff.

The Wars? Which one did he like. Afghanistan? Iraq? Wins above replacement?

I'm still sore from the bowl season Jerry Kill talked about how he was excited about the WRs and the next season.... nothing.

In this case, it’s not just the coach saying it. The BTN hosts were practically hyperventilating when they talked about the improvements on the D-line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A special seasons, guys, a special season.

I have a feeling Schad is going to dominate, at some point. He hadn’t been mentioned much by the coaching staff, until recently, and that might be by design. Has SDSU dug through his JUCO film to learn his tendencies? I sort of doubt it, because he’s been flying under the radar. They’ve probably watched film on Treadway, though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hearing good things about the DLine across the board.

Just imagine how good Coughlin could be if he had some legit help along the D-Line. Hopefully the reports are true and that unit takes a big step up. Been a while since we have had a really good defensive line around here. I still think back to when we had the likes of Karon Riley and John Schlecht and others along the line back in 1999. They caused offensive lines fits.

Just imagine how good Coughlin could be if he had some legit help along the D-Line. Hopefully the reports are true and that unit takes a big step up. Been a while since we have had a really good defensive line around here. I still think back to when we had the likes of Karon Riley and John Schlecht and others along the line back in 1999. They caused offensive lines fits.

Jon Michals, Dyron Russ.

Hageman really helped Theron Cockran. If we get a push inside, it essentially traps the QB for the DEs.

The DL is going to be strong this year.

Top Bottom