Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moscow Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Dean S View Post
    Tell me about mining risk and employees accepting whatever comes out of that work. Please explain it to me why disease was part of the employees self imposed risk.

And, then tie that in with how Moscow Mitch is supporting mine workers today. This should be revealing of character. And, if you think you are an adult in the room, then let it rip and tell it like it is. Tell me and the world how Mitch McConnell is pro mining worker. Tell me how he has improved mine safety and how he supports mine worker health and safety. I really want to be informed by you.

I'll sit here and wait for your well thought out response. Maybe we can start with the id and work our way to the ego and super ego. By the way, thank you for thinking I have an ego.
    Oh, let me answer like another genius here:
    If I have to explain it to you, youíre too dumb to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker View Post
    He is one of ths three smartest people on this board. You're average on your best days.
    Let me guess, youíre #1 or #2.

But I think youíve confused it with the jackass rankings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Devastating ad! Agreed

Does McConnell have the energy to fight this fight? He seems more and more like a sleepy old man, who might be ready to step aside and let some new energy take over.

Let's hope so!
    He certainly has enough rubles to retire. And his wife has used her position to help out the family business.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    I can think of a younger racially mixed man that did far more to divide this country before Trump.
    Nice fantasy. He riled up you and the other fellas because of who he was not what he did.
    Last edited by howeda7; 08-25-2019 at 01:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    No doubt that McConnell is a sleazy, despicable turtleman.
    Doesn't stop KGF from dutifully licking his shoes as soon as he's done with Don's.

Blog Entries

Let me guess, you’re #1 or #2.

But I think you’ve confused it with the jackass rankings.
    The 5 smartest people in no particular order on this board are Dean, diehard, 0723, CRG, ane me. Yes, only 1 true lefty. It's hard to qualify being a democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker View Post
    The 5 smartest people in no particular order on this board are Dean, diehard, 0723, CRG, ane me. Yes, only 1 true lefty. It's hard to qualify being a democrat.

disqualified
    Who hates iowa?

Blog Entries

Default Double

Oh, let me answer like another genius here:
    If I have to explain it to you, youíre too dumb to bother.
    Exposed.

I'll give you another day to figure it out and do the adult thing. You can either STFU or you can present the argument on how Moscow Mitch is really helping those mine workers.

It should not be that hard to explain it to me. If it is that hard to explain, write the book on Mitch and dedicate it to the destruction of all idiots who don't bend your way. It isn't that hard. You have an ego. Use it. I am sure you want to shut me up about this, which I will be glad to do if you can present a credible argument, and it does not even have to be a winning argument. Just an argument that puts a point on the board. Just one poster on the left or middle would have to approve of it. If El Deuce would plus 1 it, you win. I'll shut up about you for at least a week, maybe more. I wouldn't promise more than that because I might not be able to contain myself to not rebut your attempts to undermine conscious reason.
    You can call me Shirley. The "S" has to stand for something!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean S View Post
    Exposed.

I'll give you another day to figure it out and do the adult thing. You can either STFU or you can present the argument on how Moscow Mitch is really helping those mine workers.

It should not be that hard to explain it to me. If it is that hard to explain, write the book on Mitch and dedicate it to the destruction of all idiots who don't bend your way. It isn't that hard. You have an ego. Use it. I am sure you want to shut me up about this, which I will be glad to do if you can present a credible argument, and it does not even have to be a winning argument. Just an argument that puts a point on the board. Just one poster on the left or middle would have to approve of it. If El Deuce would plus 1 it, you win. I'll shut up about you for at least a week, maybe more. I wouldn't promise more than that because I might not be able to contain myself to not rebut your attempts to undermine conscious reason.
    You don’t like Truthseeker type answer?

So Dean, I thought, unlike so many here that run away when I ask them to answer questions, like howie and truthseeker, Iíll give you the undeserved respect of answering your question.

These coal miners are asking for the Federal government to extend medical benefits from the Black Lung Disability Trust Fund, funded by an industry tax that was enacted about 50 years ago when the coal industry was flourishing. As the industry has declined, the tax has been insufficient to fund the medical cost necessary to treat the coal miners afflicted with this condition. To sustain the fund, it would require the US taxpayers to make up for the coal industryís inability to pay the tax. In fact, Democrats want to kill the coal mining industry, which would then shift the burden entirely to the US taxpayer.

I donít think the US taxpayer should be on the hook for every poor decision that individuals make about their life and/or source of income. There are many jobs that involve risk to life and limb, but the US government canít be expected to come to the rescue of EVERYONE that is injured or harmed on the job, especially when the risks are well known and the individual elects to take those risks for their personal gain.

As evidence of the freedom of their personal choice and known risks, read this from the link:

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/23/74315...g-benefits-tax

For 27 miners, black lung had also afflicted grandparents, parents or other relatives.

"It's only going to get worse from here on out," said Roy Mullins, who spent 40 years mining coal.

Mullins watched his father and three uncles suffer from black lung. "And knowing that that's coming to you, it's pretty hard to take," he said.

When asked why they stayed in mining despite the danger, 29 of the miners we interviewed cited good pay and benefits, the fact that they liked mining, and the ability to support their families. A dozen said there were few other jobs in the area, no jobs with the same pay and benefits, few good jobs that didn't require more than basic education, and/or they wanted to stay local with extended family.

And 21 said they would still be mining if they were healthy, despite the disease that makes their lives so difficult and will shorten their lives.

There are lots of people that have suffered harm from their chosen job or profession. These miners were accommodated with supplemental health from a tax on their industry, so it could be argued that they were taken care of better than many others. But now they want the US taxpayer to extend their healthcare past what the industry is capable of doing.

My father died of a lung condition from years of smoking two packs of cigarettes a day. Itís a terrible way to die. But he never blamed the cigarette companies, though it could be argue that they were somewhat culpable, and he never expected the government to give him extra benefits for the horrible choice that he made to smoke. He always said that it was his choice and he made it, even though he may not have known all the possible consequences, he knew that inhaling smoke into his lungs was likely to come at a cost to his health.

Just like these coal miners, he had to live with those consequences as terrible as they are.

McConnell has supported the coal mining industry and for coal miners to seek employment that they very obviously want to have. Thatís why coal miners are voting heavily in favor of Republicans and against Democrats that want to kill the industry, which makes McGrathís commercial all the more disingenuous. But McConnell has no right to ask the US taxpayer to make up for this special interest groupís extra benefits anymore than we pay for others.

Blog Entries

Coal should die. It's dirty, expensive, and obsolete. Kill it right now. We'd save the environment and people from more black lung disease.