Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    Anything less than a 3 score win will be a disappointment
    No wins are disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by btowngopher View Post
    No wins are disappointing.
    I too would be disappointed with a no win season.

I would hope just calling the plays and executing is enough to have it in the bag by the 2nd half. If the Gophs need to pull out all the stops in this one we're probably in a bad place for 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    We'll give up about 20 pts.; but rush for 400 yards and score 36 minimum.
    The Jackalopes will be looking for their bus home at halftime.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    We'll give up about 20 pts.; but rush for 400 yards and score 36 minimum.
    Pound the rock. I don't think SDSU's offense will be on the field enough to score 20.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Pound the rock. I don't think SDSU's offense will be on the field enough to score 20.
    Yes. If we rush for 400 yards as Les predicts, well... pretty doubtful the Jacks would score 20 point in that scenario.

Ground and pound and wear them down. And not just for this game; that should be the plan this entire season. We need to impose our will.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    I've heard this in every single non power 5 team the gophers have ever played and it just does not matter. Either your OL is good or it isn't. Weight differential has never ever mattered ever. I wish this cliche would die a horrible death.
    Right. That is why there are lots of 150 lb lineman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Right. That is why there are lots of 150 lb lineman.

And also why there are no weight classes in boxing, wrestling, mma, lifting, etc.
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    Thanks for the write up House. Inexperience on their OL is something we'll exploit.
    I love DH’s work- but it did crack me up that he lauded the options and versatility we have with our DL and insinuated we could take advantage of their OL as they are inexperienced. However their OL has one full time starter and two guys who started at least half the season. None of our DTs started or played a meaningful number of snaps last year outside of Renner. Furthermore, outside of CC, none of the other DEs has shown anything consistently in games. There’s lots of reports about Devers and Mafe looking great in camp but I’ll hold off pronouncements of grandeur until we see it in games.

I expect a lot of basic plays. Let our guys pin their ears back and just go out and play. We'll only "fancy it up" if things don't go to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    I expect a lot of basic plays. Let our guys pin their ears back and just go out and play. We'll only "fancy it up" if things don't go to plan.
    How is it possible to fancy things up in the middle of a game when their game plan and play sheet has already been put in place?
    You tried to sound oh so smart in the guess the first play thread that you couldn’t possibly guess because of the play sheet and then come here and say this BS

Quote Originally Posted by GFBfan View Post
    How is it possible to fancy things up in the middle of a game when their game plan and play sheet has already been put in place?
    You tried to sound oh so smart in the guess the first play thread that you couldn’t possibly guess because of the play sheet and then come here and say this BS

Consider the source and ignore- hate to say I agree with Highwayman on anything but he was spot on in regards to this imbecile.

Quote Originally Posted by GFBfan View Post
    How is it possible to fancy things up in the middle of a game
    You’re really asking this question?? The play call sheet has probably 50 plays on it at least. They don’t call them all in a row.

I get it. You’re trying to be a toolbag. You’re just not any good at it.

It amazes me that anyone thinks PJ would take any team lightly. He’s a nervous guy, by nature. He’s going to try to light SDSU up.