Default Seeing the Axe at the Fair

Hey all,

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already. Iím going to the fair on Monday and wanted to know if Iíll be able to see the Axe there and get the low down on when/where/how it all works. Thanks in advance!
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

It was there yesterday in the U of M booth in a big box.

Last edited by A_Slab_of_Bacon; 08-23-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post

Bummed i couldn't hold it . Was hoping for a line i could stand in to hold it with my sons. To recreate a photo from 2003.

Ill keep looking for a chance to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by gophermartin View Post
    Bummed i couldn't hold it . Was hoping for a line i could stand in to hold it with my sons. To recreate a photo from 2003.

Ill keep looking for a chance to do that.
    WS41325-14__32832.1555003863.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gophermartin View Post
    Why did you wait so long?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post

That...is epic. I am so jealous. I've held the jug and had my hands on the pig, including on the field in 2010.

That would be my gloved right hand and Gopher hardhat.

Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by los venerables View Post
    Why did you wait so long?

He hates cheesy photographs.

I've held the Jug and put my hand on the pig when it was at the state fair. Too bad this is boxed off.

Quote Originally Posted by beavergopher View Post
    He hates cheesy photographs.
    Being surrounded by obnoxious drunks is never fun either.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    I've held the Jug and put my hand on the pig when it was at the state fair. Too bad this is boxed off.
    That was my thought exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    You do realize there are a crap ton of Sconie fans that 1) live in the Twin Cities 2) that are petty and entitled 3) there is beer and other alcohol at the Fair.

Add that up it's a powder keg with the Axe! Think about what could happen some red and white clad yahoo running down the street with the Axe and making drunken threats to the nearest child dressed in Gopher swag...or heaven forbid they make it to one of the livestock buildings with that thing thinking they are going to make some sort of flip flop meat!

I'd say the U was very smart given the cast of characters that run around at the Fair!

Quote Originally Posted by NotAFanOfBecky View Post
    You do realize there are a crap ton of Sconie fans that 1) live in the Twin Cities 2) that are petty and entitled 3) there is beer and other alcohol at the Fair.

Add that up it's a powder keg with the Axe! Think about what could happen some red and white clad yahoo running down the street with the Axe and making drunken threats to the nearest child dressed in Gopher swag...or heaven forbid they make it to one of the livestock buildings with that thing thinking they are going to make some sort of flip flop meat!

I'd say the U was very smart given the cast of characters that run around at the Fair!
    It is a hard concept for most Budgie fans to find the bathrooms, let alone the Gopher building. I wouldn't worry.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.