Seeing the Axe at the Fair

Jeshurun

King of the Too's
Reaction score
Hey all,

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already. I’m going to the fair on Monday and wanted to know if I’ll be able to see the Axe there and get the low down on when/where/how it all works. Thanks in advance!

It was there yesterday in the U of M booth in a big box.

axe.jpg

Last edited:

axe.jpg

Bummed i couldn't hold it . Was hoping for a line i could stand in to hold it with my sons. To recreate a photo from 2003.

Ill keep looking for a chance to do that.

Bummed i couldn't hold it . Was hoping for a line i could stand in to hold it with my sons. To recreate a photo from 2003.

Ill keep looking for a chance to do that.

WS41325-14__32832.1555003863.jpg

axe.jpg

That...is epic. I am so jealous. I've held the jug and had my hands on the pig, including on the field in 2010.

That would be my gloved right hand and Gopher hardhat.

7f6175-20101127-gophers-win.jpg

I've held the Jug and put my hand on the pig when it was at the state fair. Too bad this is boxed off.

I've held the Jug and put my hand on the pig when it was at the state fair. Too bad this is boxed off.

You do realize there are a crap ton of Sconie fans that 1) live in the Twin Cities 2) that are petty and entitled 3) there is beer and other alcohol at the Fair.

Add that up it's a powder keg with the Axe! Think about what could happen some red and white clad yahoo running down the street with the Axe and making drunken threats to the nearest child dressed in Gopher swag...or heaven forbid they make it to one of the livestock buildings with that thing thinking they are going to make some sort of flip flop meat!

I'd say the U was very smart given the cast of characters that run around at the Fair!

You do realize there are a crap ton of Sconie fans that 1) live in the Twin Cities 2) that are petty and entitled 3) there is beer and other alcohol at the Fair.

Add that up it's a powder keg with the Axe! Think about what could happen some red and white clad yahoo running down the street with the Axe and making drunken threats to the nearest child dressed in Gopher swag...or heaven forbid they make it to one of the livestock buildings with that thing thinking they are going to make some sort of flip flop meat!

I'd say the U was very smart given the cast of characters that run around at the Fair!

It is a hard concept for most Budgie fans to find the bathrooms, let alone the Gopher building. I wouldn't worry.

Top Bottom